Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Best Car in the World (2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Supporting a ####ed ideology is all. About as German as my iPhone is Californian.

...so youre against it simply because its supporting the ideology of utilizing a cheaper workforce?

Mercedes will still have people there, inspecting and overseeing production. Dont think for a second they would accept shithouse quality.

I would still expect a higher quality vehicle to come from China under supervision of Mercedes than a vehicle rolling out of South Australia under supervision of Holden (or Billy Bob ex Kentucy).

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Yep have to agree.
Mercedes isn't going to let the oversees company taint it's reputation by doing poor quality work, the first sign of poor quality work and they will find someone else that can meet there standards.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Aren't a lot of commodore bits made in Mexico ?

It's where it's conceived first, where it's manufactured next, and lastly where the bits come from... apparently.

Quality of manufacture isn't compromised just because it is made in China. Utilizing inexpensive resources to build something to a standard is smart business.

In many cases corrupt and unethical but yeah smart business? Deng Xiaoping once famously said about the politics of State business It doesn't matter if a cat is black or white so long as it catches mice.. Meaning doesn't mater how you get [the money] or [to the top], it's all good mate.

The CONCEPT is Swedish, the production is Chinese. Ikea never said they are building long lasting quality solid wood furniture. A Mercedes is a Mercedes. It is still built to a standard.

Actually they did, the promise and principle is called Möbelfakta. Basically a bucket of whitewash outlining rules and marketing dos and don'ts - how IKEA sells its concept of being ethically responsible Swedish folk making long lasting quality solid wood furniture with a Swedish brand name from screwing the third world labour and raping cheap forests, wherever they exist.

http://www.mobelfakta.se/MediaBinaryLoader.axd?MediaArchive_FileID=e8ff9964-c720-4df8-b106-4d04ea4e1062&MediaArchive_ForceDownload=true

The only thing that makes a Mercedes more expensive in Australia is the taxes and duties on it, if you removed those, it would be cheaper than a Commodore.

That's because the only thing German about it is the concept, made in third world exploiting natural and human resources at the behest of the atrocious brand Licencee - the PLA.
I'll take an Aussie built Commie over a commie built cheap arse imitation German bastard box, anyday.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
...so youre against it simply because its supporting the ideology of utilizing a cheaper workforce?

No, it's a cheap arse third world product directly contributing to the power base of a corrupt, unethical communist military government plus the unethical exploitation, that sucks. Deliberately passing the car off to unsuspecting buyers as being a German made car. The concept and supervision is German, product is by definition Chinese.

Mercedes will still have people there, inspecting and overseeing production. Dont think for a second they would accept shithouse quality.

I would still expect a higher quality vehicle to come from China under supervision of Mercedes than a vehicle rolling out of South Australia under supervision of Holden (or Billy Bob ex Kentucy).

Quality in manufacturing, as defined by (the UK) introduction of quality circles in Japan during the reparation of its infrastructure and industry post World War II, does not mean the product is superior in any way other than it is repeatable and predictable. Boring and bland, suitable attributes of both the car's Teutonic banality and the tasteless, ignorant mindset of its potential owner who is nonetheless wiser that it is a Chinese imitation of a once iconic marque of yesteryear that famously stood up to the crooked unethical business of the third Reich, but has now sold its arse to the PLA.
It's a Chinese POS, not up to our local POS by my yardstick.

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
No, it's a cheap arse third world product directly contributing to the power base of a corrupt, unethical communist military government plus the unethical exploitation, that sucks. Deliberately passing the car off to unsuspecting buyers as being a German made car. The concept and supervision is German, product is by definition Chinese.

Quality in manufacturing, as defined by (the UK) introduction of quality circles in Japan during the reparation of its infrastructure and industry post World War II, does not mean the product is superior in any way other than it is repeatable and predictable. Boring and bland, suitable attributes of both the car's Teutonic banality and the tasteless, ignorant mindset of its potential owner who is nonetheless wiser that it is a Chinese imitation of a once iconic marque of yesteryear that famously stood up to the crooked unethical business of the third Reich, but has now sold its arse to the PLA.
It's a Chinese POS, not up to our local POS by my yardstick.

WOW....
I have nothing to say in retaliation, I'm just going to walk away....
This thread is S###.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
my iPhone is Californian.

Dude, the iPhone is assembled in China. A lot of their components made by Samsung, just Google it. So underneath the bonnet is a glorified Samsung phone at a premium price. The OS is Apple.

They have a safety banner at the factory floor that says "Roof Leaper Incident Free Days" is always at 0

That is a sarcastic joke on my part.

The Chinese with the right Quality Monitors in place can make a great product, leave them alone and they will rip you off in a heartbeat.

They seems to have a dumb mentality that Price trumps Quality; Cheaper is Better.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Dude, the iPhone is assembled in China. A lot of their components made by Samsung, just Google it. So underneath the bonnet is a glorified Samsung phone at a premium price. The OS is Apple.

They have a safety banner at the factory floor that says "Roof Leaper Incident Free Days" is always at 0

That is a sarcastic joke on my part.

The Chinese with the right Quality Monitors in place can make a great product, leave them alone and they will rip you off in a heartbeat.

They seems to have a dumb mentality that Price trumps Quality; Cheaper is Better.

Dude, I will clarify the context. The car that is made in China is as German (like not) as my iPhone is Californian (like not).

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
The best car in the world is the Tata Nano.

Status
Not open for further replies.