Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The complete Vn-Vr Manual Conversion Guide.

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
Ya gotta be kidding me - no snout ?? love to see a pic mate, and cheers

delco_remy.jpg

yep no snout. I dont recommend removing the snout from the auto starter as it may not be as well supported internally. but its something Ive wondered about before. :)

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
wow well scrub that idea then...friend was looking at buying a series 1 manual cause she likes the car but don't want the manual so was gonna put my series 1 auto into her's and put the manual into mine

swap motor/trans in one hit? probably more straight-forward job anyway lol

LordMayhem

Here For A Good Time!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
lol big bloody job though but will think about it....depends how bad i want a manual ;)

CYCo-VS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SII
hay guys i helped a mate do a motor and manual transfer in to his vn his vn was a s1 auto and he popped the motor so be brought a hole vn running factory manual s1 one we dropped the motor and box in wired it all up used the manual loom and stuff but the car cranks over but will not fire also it has no spark we changed leads plugs ecu`s and coil packs could the problem be the wires that use to go to the auto how i was to connect to wires for the car to start

VNracer34G

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Production Saloon, 07Omega ex Cop car, 03 TF V6
hay guys i helped a mate do a motor and manual transfer in to his vn his vn was a s1 auto and he popped the motor so be brought a hole vn running factory manual s1 one we dropped the motor and box in wired it all up used the manual loom and stuff but the car cranks over but will not fire also it has no spark we changed leads plugs ecu`s and coil packs could the problem be the wires that use to go to the auto how i was to connect to wires for the car to start

If it cranks over its not the neutral start switch from the auto so you've got that right - go back to the basics and check all connections, plug engaged in the dis? all the earth wires on and to clean connections - these things need extra earths in my opinion, thats why frost plugs used to flog out from electrolysis

VNracer34G

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Production Saloon, 07Omega ex Cop car, 03 TF V6
delco_remy.jpg

yep no snout. I dont recommend removing the snout from the auto starter as it may not be as well supported internally. but its something Ive wondered about before. :)

Yeah mate i wasn't game to cut the snout off, i wouldn't trust it to not fly to bits. Man that starter is ugly - 'spose thats why they expensive and rare

CYCo-VS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SII
If it cranks over its not the neutral start switch from the auto so you've got that right - go back to the basics and check all connections, plug engaged in the dis? all the earth wires on and to clean connections - these things need extra earths in my opinion, thats why frost plugs used to flog out from electrolysis

Thanks i tould my mate to check the same things but he is lazy so i will be doing it when i get home from work i think its a basic problem it probly has to do with him connecting all the plugs as he tends to take short cuts my mate

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
if theres no spark most likely the 2 plugs by the battery that feed power to the dfi and injectors or youve poped one of the fuses for them check for 12 volts at the injectors and dfi module with the key on

rickybobby

shake 'n' bake
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 T5, VR V8 T5, VS L67 statto, VY V6
VNS1 sedan

some info re vn s1 sedan -

manual T5 length 80 cm
auto TH400 length 85 cm

also

auto = 27 spline
manual = 28 spline