Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The complete Vn-Vr Manual Conversion Guide.

aj159

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS CALAIS
Has anyone with an abs car had problems when installing the manual loom and computer(non abs car) the abs light stays on??
scanner isnt working at work and want to double check before i go rip **** apart
cheers

tony coffey

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs statesman , vh sle sedan , vh sle wagon
Hi guys i have just put a t5 out of a vs ute into my 95 vs statesman using manual loom and computor car ran nicely for first drive . second drive i lost all power to motor . am still getting feul but no spark . have replaced leads cap and rotor . need help

Manta167

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manta HSV 95 sedan manual/VR V6 94ute manual
I know this page is old but I'm half way through a vr auto to manual conversion in a ute column shift to floor and I have a manual computer and half a manual engine wiring harness its cut off just before the coil packs and I was gonna colour code the wires and join them up but by looking at the auto and manual wiring diagrams they are different should I match them up to what the manual ECM way and forget colour coded way

Hector.Escobar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais
Hey guys,

Converting my VR Calais series 1 to Manual with a S2 VN T5.
So far have:
Box
Flywheel
Clutch
Front half of tail shaft
Gear plate
Bell housing

Bought:
Ebay VN-VR auto to manual wiring kit to retain auto ecu and loom

Still to get:
Clutch cable
Spigot bearing
New flywheel bolts
Manual starter
Gearbox mount

Anything I've forgotten?

Cheers

Nessie1996

Joel Ryan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Lexcen - Buick 3.8L
Fantastic thread fellas! Cant wait to get it up on the hoists at work and smash this one out!

One concern I have though; how legal is this? Would a vehicle inspection centre pass it as roadworthy?

Cheers, Joel.

Edit: because I would like to have my car 100% legal, and so far the bore increase, LSD conversion and suspension rebuild are all very legal. I'd like to be able to be pulled over by the biggest ass of a cop and smile at him while he struggles to find anything wrong with my baby! ;)

Brenty88

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vu v8 ute
Anyone know any way to patch in on the auto loom for a 4l60e to a t56 conversion in a vu gen3

Cheers Brenton

VL_3692

Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 VL Berlina 5L, VR Daily
Hey guys,

Converting my VR Calais series 1 to Manual with a S2 VN T5.
So far have:
Box
Flywheel
Clutch
Front half of tail shaft
Gear plate
Bell housing

Bought:
Ebay VN-VR auto to manual wiring kit to retain auto ecu and loom

Still to get:
Clutch cable
Spigot bearing
New flywheel bolts
Manual starter
Gearbox mount

Anything I've forgotten?

Cheers
Hey mate, could you link me to where you got that wirin kit from? I've got everything ready to go just the ecu is giving me dramas.

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
Hey mate, could you link me to where you got that wirin kit from? I've got everything ready to go just the ecu is giving me dramas.

What a you converting? To be honest a wiring is a waste of time. If you have the mechanical ability to do the conversion you can wire it yourself. Honestly its like 8 wires. Its actually easier than wiring a Head unit.

VL_3692

Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 VL Berlina 5L, VR Daily
I'll be converting a series 2 v6 vr. I'm competent with all the mechanical stuff just after reading through he thread I'm still insure if the auto loom and ecu can be retained. I know the ecu will have to be remapped.

Would I be able to retain the Auto loom but use a manual ecu for a t5?