Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Debadging HYPER GLOBAL MEGA THREAD

Should you debadge your car ?

• NO ! leave it stock !

Votes: 11 12.1%
  • Yes ! But leave the Lion alone !

Votes: 61 67.0%
  • Yes ! Get rid of all the badges !

Votes: 19 20.9%

• Total voters

mwethereld

Reaction score
Members Ride
93 Series II V9 Executive 3.8L Supercharged 11Psi
Yes its the law to have all warning stickers for when mechs go to work of your car, you can not have them if your car is older that 1965, or if the design doesnt specify that you need them on, you can remove and replace the stickers with a similar warning in the same spot, but i know what you mean, i took the old one off the radiator fan ( which is huge hey!? ) and cleaned that up, but then again i put a CAI which would have covered it anyhows, and the CAI has a warning sticker on it for fans and hot parts,,,,

yes you need to have the warning stickers on, its an WHS thing, dont get upset, its the law, under the Road Use Act, under the Vehicle Modifications law.

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
Hmm, interesting...i thought they were just there as a CYOA for the car manufacturers. :p The one in our WB that says "BEWARE OF FAN" is just about stuffed anyway, if i recall, and we haven't had any complaints from the mechanics.

mwethereld

Reaction score
Members Ride
93 Series II V9 Executive 3.8L Supercharged 11Psi
yep, but remember that mechanics dont give a **** just like us! heh heh

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
cheers for that mwethereld, i thought that might be the case...
oh well they're gone now anyway. still got the printing on the caps saying 'power steering' and stuff like that but i don't think i'll bother replacing the rest... my mechanic won't give a **** i don't think, if he does he can source some new ones for me :D

cheers
sam

pimpin_calais

pimpin_calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs calais
de badging

im sure this question has been asked and answered already but i just bought a vs calais S1 and i wanna get rid of the tacky badges. ive had mates tell me that wen they took off the badges it left holes in the bodywork :S how do i know if this is gonna happen?

Raging Bull

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S Pack L67
Only the Holden Lion badges are screwed on, the rest are glued on with double sided tape. Just heat up badges with hair dryer for a bit, take them off carefully using fish wire and polish away any glue left over.

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
some times u can get your finger behind the badge and can just pull them off. Never use a blade as it will scratch and cut your paintwork.

Use some arm muscle and some methylated spirits (not paint stripper or turps) to get the glue off. If the paint is faded use some cut & polish.

the end result is:

Attachments

• VS 010.jpg
    VS 010.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 194
K

kim_08

Yeh only the holden symbol has the holes behind it. i took off my V6 eco tec bades and everything else easily. but i found the stuff that sticks the badge to the car can stick to the car. i used prepsol to get it off easy done. Good luck!

pimpin_calais

pimpin_calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs calais
kewl thanks guys. so i guess thers not much i can do bout gettin rid of the lion badge then? :b:

K

kim_08

if you were really desperate to get it off. i guess you could bog it??? and paint over it. that normally fixes everything these days but its dodgy..