Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Debadging HYPER GLOBAL MEGA THREAD

Should you debadge your car ?

• NO ! leave it stock !

Votes: 11 12.1%
  • Yes ! But leave the Lion alone !

Votes: 61 67.0%
  • Yes ! Get rid of all the badges !

Votes: 19 20.9%

• Total voters
R

rattattack1313

de-badging...

I personally couln't wait till I got the badges off my car...all they do is collect dust and dirt, and create rust spots...car loooks lots cleaner without...... ;)

vpwgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec Wagon
it makes it a little easier if you heat them up with a hair dryer before peeling them off (dont know if its the same deal for the 3.8 one). You can also use fishing line instead of a stanly knife if you were scared of scratching the paint.
Nick

Marks-VY

I love cars
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Berlina
VY De-badging

Hi Everyone,
Brand new to this...... I am thinking of de-badging my VY S. Are they jut stuck on and will they just peel off without damaging the badge or paint? I am hoping the paint would just need a slight cut & buff.
Cheers.

R

Ratty

I dont know what others think ... Get fishing line and "saw" the badges off... did that make sense? Use the fishing line like a hand saw... the sticky residue can be taken off by (spelling??) eucaliptus oil... should not hard your paint work... TRY A TEST AREA FIRST!

clixanup

Has Left
Reaction score
You can heat them up with a hair dryer and they'll almost fall off. The Holden lion on the bootlid might cause a bit of grief because it is held in by 2 pins.

Marks-VY

I love cars
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Berlina
Excellent, thanks for both of those ideas. I will give the hairdryer a go first, although the fishing line sawing is a good back up if it doesn't easily come off. Thanks for the warning about the lion - I'll leave it until I think of something for the holes.

P

Phantom SS

the boot badge can come straight off as they are only stuck on, the earlier models vt-vx had 2 pins thru the boot so fear not- peel away.
I took mine off no worries.(VY series 2)

PaRaDoX

From the old days
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW N54 Twin Turbo
heh i found a really good tool to use,

i started by heating the badges with a hair dryer
then running dental floss under the badge slowly pulling each end
then after the badge is off, getting a green scourer (not steel)
then running that over the where the badge was (scrape any of the adheasive fome thats left on) then run it over with a coat of polish, or put a dab of water on it, and just work at the glue untill its off then poilish where the badge was and it looks good as new,

i agree the car looks soo much cleaner now the faded badges are off :D

SlowVac

Owner of a SlowVactioner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SII
Why not use fishing line? It's stronger also it would not leave any marks on the paint work.

Cheers

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
i'd use dental floss myself - seems softer than fishing wire...

might rip all the badges off the VT soon... they're starting to **** me cuz u see how **** they are whenever you wash the car... for me that's a lot :D
can't think now if there's any badges on the lexcen... if there are i'm ripping em off!! :D

btw, does anyone know if you legally have to have all those precautionary stickers on everything under the bonnet (fans operate when engine's off, etc etc etc...) cuz i ripped mine off cleaned everything and it looks a lot smoother now... considering the stickers were like 2005-1989= 16 YEARS OLD