Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Debadging HYPER GLOBAL MEGA THREAD

Should you debadge your car ?

• NO ! leave it stock !

Votes: 11 12.1%
  • Yes ! But leave the Lion alone !

Votes: 61 67.0%
  • Yes ! Get rid of all the badges !

Votes: 19 20.9%

• Total voters

2_SeeK_U

Wheels on the bus go round and round...
Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
I took off everything but the two lions and l've never regreted it, makes the car look alot smoother!

car_backside2.jpg

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
Your car is exactly the same color as our VS-II Berlina.

I'd put back the VS style lion front and rear...do whatever you want on the sides.

I personally get a sneaking suspicion when I see a debadged Commodore that it used to be a Toyota Lexcen, and the poor sod is trying to hide his embarressment.... :D

R

rattattack1313

hey bek....how did ure paint go???? i had my vp resprayed a few weeks ago..no badges on it now...looks awesome.....if u are in the tarragindi area at all, buzz me... we can compare paint jobs.... :yeah: ...

R

rattattack1313

"Bah, debadging, what a fad...Are you ashamed of owning a Holden and think that by debadging it people wont know what it is? Or you could go the whole way and put some Opel Omega badges on it... "...... Me??Ashamed of owning a Holden???? I don't think so...loool.. :w00t: ...when I spend a few Thou on a paint job fer me car, and can save some $$$$ by not putting self adheshive "Badges" (read "Badges" as cheap shitty plastic chrome thingies) on, apart from the fact that they seem to collect all the dirt, and create rust spots....and its more farkin' around to clean around them...Hmmm...I might get a coupla Buick tags.....loool.... ;)and if you can't tell the difference between a Toyota and a Holden......loooool.... :b:

Last edited by a moderator:
N

nck207

de-badging my vt series 2

hey guys wats doing? just wondering how u debadge a commo vt acclaim ?

thanks

N

nck207

hey i just finished de-badging the car............ but i used boiling water to make the tape loose and wax to get rid of the remaing bits of tape....

thanks for the help

Trewman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
debadging vn

Gday I want to debadge my VN but is there anything I need to know?

Ive sorta peeled at the 3.8 ltre badge but it looks all brown and rust behind it. I dont want to pull it off and have big marks where the badges were.

Any thing I should know?

Thanks

spacattack

THE ENFORCER!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Custom VN
cant realy get away without the big mark behind the 3.8 V6 badge just alot of polish covers it up did it to mine and ya can only see it if ya really look witht the badges on the boot just pull them of ( you might break em as ya pullin them off if ya dont want em brocken use a stanly knife blade and run it behind the badge care full not to hit paint) youll see the double sided tape just work it off with ya finger after ya get that off cut and polish it with kitten No.3 cut and polish and youll think there was never any badges at all on it ;)
cheers spacattack