Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Debadging HYPER GLOBAL MEGA THREAD

Should you debadge your car ?

• NO ! leave it stock !

Votes: 11 12.1%
  • Yes ! But leave the Lion alone !

Votes: 61 67.0%
  • Yes ! Get rid of all the badges !

Votes: 19 20.9%

• Total voters
C

Commodore

I have a VN Badge lying around. It's got some sort of brown **** on the back... probably glue. I know why he wants to take the lion off: Because he wants to cheapen the whole image of the car.

PIMPIN

The Lurker
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Calais 3.8 WHII Statesman LS1
Commodore said:
I know why he wants to take the lion off: Because he wants to cheapen the whole image of the car.

You know this definately do you...? I'd like to see you say this to someone's face one day...at a car show or something...and then see how many limbs you've got left.
Like VSUTE said, it gives the car cleaner lines.

And how is it that you have a badge lying around? Did you badge a car...Part of your collection of Merc, BMW. and Ford badges...

Snowfox

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore SL
I debadged my VL boot a while ago. Dont try this at home (although it worked fine) I carefully used a very sharp plane blade to slide it off and cleaned up afterwards with a small amount of eucalyptus oil for the sticky stuff. Makes the car look smoother, not cheaper. Also keeps people guessing whats under the bonnet.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Personally I love the look of a debadged car with no stickers on it. Nice and clean looking. It certainly dosen't cheapen a car, more the opposite actually in my opinion.

DJ Majah

Electro doof doof styleé
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII cruiser
No, I didnt debadge it. I took off the old ones and put new ones on. It looks great now.

The bonnet didnt have locator holes though, the boot did, i had to cut off the pins from the front badge.

And the VS looked ugly from the front without a badge too.

C

Commodore

My mate's VH was debadged at the front and it looked shithouse. He didn't like it either, so he un-cheapened it by putting it back the way it should be... anyway, debadged cars give me the shits because you can never tell what it is. If you change the wheels and everything, you can make an S look like an Exec. . Not for my liking.

Editied: Sorry, I didn't tell you how I got the badge. My grandfather found it on the ground near the bowser at the BP Servo. I've had it since I was seven, and it's bluetacked to a couple of Lego poles on the top of my desk. Pride of Place. I'm only guessing it's from a VN aswell. It's one-piece plastic, Black background with a chrome lion and stone profile. The lion ans stone is about a millimetre above the black and the black has no chrome ring around it, so that rules out a VP/VR badge.

Last edited by a moderator:

SuperStar

Reaction score
Ok i went and debadged the rear of my car over the weekend, it looks so much better now. Only thing is i think the wank b4 me used some sort of superglue to glue the badges on, as i was scratching and scratching and scratching, and still nothing had come off. What every it is, is mighty tuff. :mad:

I did however manage to remove all the double sided tape. So its really only a clear lumpy section where the badge's used to be. Does anyone have any idea's how to get this off? With the duco still in one piece??

Thanks.

Charles.

DJ Majah

Electro doof doof styleé
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII cruiser
Is duco some sort of paint?

Eucalyptus oil should bring off all the goo though.

2_SeeK_U

Wheels on the bus go round and round...
Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
Yeah l have to admit....it looks better, here, l'll show u with a photoshop:
I want to get the "HOLDEN" and "COMMODORE" badges done when l get my kit on.
This is done on a VR, so my VS will look slightly different but hey, it gives u an idea!!

Attachments

• no badges.jpg
    no badges.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 231

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
Interesting taillights there. What did you use for them?

I have no major problem with someone debadging cars, though If I did it to mine (VS Series 2), I'd definately leave the Lions on front and rear.
The only danger I can see with the practise of totally debadging is that if you drive a Commodore built in the dreaded Toyota Lexcen years, people could think you had bought one and removed all the Toyota badges to hide the shame.... :p