Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Debadging HYPER GLOBAL MEGA THREAD

Should you debadge your car ?

• NO ! leave it stock !

Votes: 11 12.1%
  • Yes ! But leave the Lion alone !

Votes: 61 67.0%
  • Yes ! Get rid of all the badges !

Votes: 19 20.9%

• Total voters

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Commodore said:
My mate's VH was debadged at the front and it looked shithouse. He didn't like it either, so he un-cheapened it by putting it back the way it should be... anyway, debadged cars give me the shits because you can never tell what it is. If you change the wheels and everything, you can make an S look like an Exec. . Not for my liking.
Mate you really do no $h!t all about cars do you??? You can pick cars by taillights, grills, mirrors, body shape, etc........

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
damn right there AirStrike.....i could pick a VS Exec S1 from a VS Acclaim S1 a mile away. Surely you could tell by the colour jaime...

SuperStar

Reaction score
DJ Majah said:
Is duco some sort of paint?

Eucalyptus oil should bring off all the goo though.

Duco is paint. Red Duco = red paint!

Anyway, your saying eucalyptus oil should get the glue off. This is no normaly glue btw. But ill give it a go.

Let you know how i go.

Thanks.

Charles.

DJ Majah

Electro doof doof styleé
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII cruiser
Hrmm, must be regional dialect.

Yeah it worked on mine, Eucalyptus oil gets just about anything gooey off. Like when I took off my pinstriping it worked wonders, but you still need a bit of elbow grease.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
perhaps try some big kevs goo remover... and then when it all comes off, you too will be as excited as big kev!

:b: doh! just realised... isnt big kev broke... and thus not very excited at all?

2_seek_u are those the same tail lights as discussed in the VR/S forums? how much were they and what are some other comments you have recieved on them? im not too sure if i like em or hate em. id have to see them from a distance, so i could see most of the car to make an opinion...

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Commodore said:
anyway, debadged cars give me the shits because you can never tell what it is.

Well I can generally speaking, but I know my cars. But then I guess I am a car enthusiast who can spot the make/model of cars, but can't tell a woolies trolley from a Coles one!

2_SeeK_U

Wheels on the bus go round and round...
Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
VSUTE said:
2_seek_u are those the same tail lights as discussed in the VR/S forums? how much were they and what are some other comments you have recieved on them? im not too sure if i like em or hate em. id have to see them from a distance, so i could see most of the car to make an opinion...
Yeah, there the same we were talking about. The car there is about the same colour as mine, except mine is a vs II so l think the lights might actually look alright. On a light car the don't look to great.
They go for about $300, thats with GST and postage. Abit expensive for me at the moment, l'd rather a bodykit.

2_SeeK_U

Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
I finally got around to doing it, looks much better, and for all you guys that don't believe in it, heres a photo to prove that it looks much "cleaner" with the badges off.

Attachments

• debadged.jpg
    debadged.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 195

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
yea it does look heaps cleaner

ive been thinkin about takin the badges off the back of my ute... but i reckon if i do it will draw more attention to the 2 dents in the tail gate where a tree jumped behind me when i was reversing :mad: ... (it was one of the small ones which have 2 posts tied beside em so they dont blow over/get ripped out)

2_SeeK_U

Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
VSUTE said:
yea it does look heaps cleaner

ive been thinkin about takin the badges off the back of my ute... but i reckon if i do it will draw more attention to the 2 dents in the tail gate where a tree jumped behind me when i was reversing :mad: ... (it was one of the small ones which have 2 posts tied beside em so they dont blow over/get ripped out)
Yeah those bloody trees jump out of no where, like these gutters we have, they come out of no where too!!!