Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Kicking Horse (Shounak's VX)

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
Cheers..

They replaced my old ones.. Bolt on, bolt off procedure that takes 15 minutes..

I bought em from a guy in Narre Warren (pm me if you want contact details) and they cost me $270 IIRC..

rupinder

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S2
hi mate,

nice ride.

wanted to know with your door handles and the transmission tip is it painted or did you get them from somewhere?

thankz in advance

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cheers mate..

Door handles are stock as a rock.. I'm going to get the alloy brushed ones soon.. But atm, I haven't done anything with them..

The shifter button was a bitch to change.. I had to pull out the whole centre console and remove the whole shifter..

I put a Calais or Statesman Chrome Shifter in.. Cost $25 or so from Holden Parts..

One of the mods here, Julie made an awesome step by step illustrated guide on how to do it... It even has the GM part number..

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
System's completely stock.. It's gonna stay that way too..

I've got better things to spend my money on, a stereo just isn't a priority for me..

Next mod is slamming it.. Then the "zorst" and then extractors.. Don't think I'll ever do the stezza..

Hairy Eater

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Executive V6
Shounak.. i really like the engine cover painted the same colour as the car... think i'll paint mine the same colour as my car and the rocker covers too.. geeeee, wish i could get a turbo... but here in the QLD outback desert we have 1 dyno tuner but i dont know if i can trust him to tune my Commie... do they change the engine computer program when fitting and tuning a turbo ??..

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hairy Eater said:
Shounak.. i really like the engine cover painted the same colour as the car... think i'll paint mine the same colour as my car and the rocker covers too..

Thanks mate. I just painted my engine cover matt black heat proof, I should've sprayed it the same colour as my car. You can get the small can of matched paint from car places, for your exact colour..

With the rockers, that would look f*ckn hot to the max

geeeee, wish i could get a turbo... but here in the QLD outback desert we have 1 dyno tuner but i dont know if i can trust him to tune my Commie... do they change the engine computer program when fitting and tuning a turbo ??..

Umm, my turbo comments were just tongue in cheek. I wish I had a turbo, it's just a stock Commy on LPG, not much performance in it.. That weird looking thing I'm pretty sure is a backfire restrictor.. Although I'm not entirely sure.

I had the car dyno tuned when I got my LPG service though. They give it a dyno tune which makes the car feel heaps better..

Although, you should probably do all the exhausts, CAI and then get the tune..

Oh but, yeah I'd imagine they would change the engine computer program when fitting a turbo..

webwombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SS-V wagon
what's with the numberplate?

Any future mods for the interior?

deserthead

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS III l67 Column Shift Ute
That "weird" thing is your gas carby.

My set up is different though. I dont have that bulky thing in mine.

sno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII SS
nice ride.. nice badge too.. I heard the chev drivers been sticking holden badges on their cars aswell!!