Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The L67 Ute

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Brakes, we have bled them 6 times but every time you start the car they go straight to the floor, turn it off bleed them again, seems hard, start the car and straight to the floor. Snyone know whats going on there?

Brakes sorted, some clown (me) put them on wrong sides L/R not R/L.

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
The infill panels turned up this morning, i just sat them in place to see the difference, will have to drill the holes out for it to be fitted.

20190926_111034.jpg

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Just my opinion but I think white utes look better with silver alloy mags, rather than black. Are you keeping the black ones or swapping them out at some stage?

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
I don't like them either, my m8's like them but personally i don't.
I like the chrome lip wheels like in my profile pic, black mags just seem bland no bling about them.

Was looking at these wheel mainly due to price $1350 with tyres, fitted, balanced and after care but i will prob change my mind before i get them.

av06_mgold.jpg

I originally had a set of VF SV6 wheels and tyres for the ute but they taken and put on the Statesman. (see first pic page 1)

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Got to sort out the TB next, when you rev it, it sits at about 2000 rpm, after 10 seconds it starts to drop back to idle. Prob a vac line somewhare not sure.

I tried changing the TPS to see if it would fix the problem and it did!
Now rev's normal, i have another IAC but didn't fit it today, need to take the TB off to get to it.

Just need some fluids (Fuel, Trans, Coolant) and i can hit the bitumen for a test drive.

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Be sure to let us know how it goes.

Took it for it's first test drive today...
Only little trips down the road then a bit further...
Seems all good, start up is still a bit rough but after that it's great. (ill redo the codes tonight to see what i can find)
Driving at about 40klm then dumped it, took off like a rocket, no lag just instant power. Comparing it to the other ute with an ecotec it FN flies, TBH it feels more like a V8 than a V6

Noticed a few things like wheel rub on the inner side at back, the outer side i couldn't fit the blade of the key between the wheel and the guard lip so we rolled the lips a little using a 3" round pipe. Roll the pipe over the top of the wheel, keep rolling the pipe front to back... need to get the jack at the right height to just fit the pipe in there.

Also noticed the rear springs have been cut, so i can't rise the back up. I will have to get 2 new rear springs before i can rise it up to a respectable height, think they were about $170 a pair

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
The MAF sensor was right next to the TB, it was suggested i move it further back towards the air filter as it might cause issues. Well i moved it and it is running better now. Also added a MACE CAI while i was at it.

Still waiting for my Fuel Injector Replacement Kit to turn up as im told that is half my problems, the injectors are bleeding causing the flooding.

1a.jpg

20191019_093210.jpg

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Also looks better with the CAI