Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The L67 Ute

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Massive improvement.

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Replaced the shitty Hurst Shifter with a complete unit i had to rivit in. So now it's back to original again and safe to drive.
Can you believe that they welded the shifter handle on, lol no wonder i couldn't get it off.

20190824_155804.jpg

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Got the Ute back yesterday from the Auto Elec (whom had it 3 weeks before looking at it)
Runs great now, no black smoke idles properly...So i took it for it's first real run where i could open it up and see how it went. Quite surprised how well it went as in power and performance.

Rego was due as well so i thought i would get a blue slip lol, knocked my back on a list of things... Blue Parker Lights had to be changed, No fiberglass bonnet, knocked the motor conversion back saying can't have a L67 in a VS Ute (which i have checked and is ok to have) leaky brake caliper which is brand new, just a little residue on the line from bleeding but no leak. Lots of little things and he didn't even get it on the hoist. Not happy Jan!

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Have not done much in the past 3 months, just sitting :(
So i picked up a set of White Elect Door Mirrors for $25pr fitted them today.
Still not sure which i prefer black or white, I intend to paint the door handle white as well which will prob made a difference to it again.
mirror black.jpg

mirror white.jpg

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I have thought about couler coded mirrors and may end up fitting some, especially now my left mirror is playing up on the up & down.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
From those pics the white works well...keep both sets & swap them look gets old.

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Finally got around to buying a Mace Pulley for the Super charger pulley to come off and put a 10psi one on
The job and tool were easy enough but i was a bit unsure as i have never done one, easy next time now i have done one lol.
Have not driven it, only started and listen to it for now....
pulley.jpg

I installed some new Rear Springs last week Super Low Kings. The old springs were coil overs but had been cut down, problem is when you jack up the car to change a tyre they almost fall out :(

old spring.jpg

springs.jpg

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Nice little whine there mate. I like how the stock charger can still run from a Mace CAI. Is there any benefit from having a stainless pipe as opposed to a plastic one?