Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Lockdown Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
Victorian protestors starting to test positive for covid....
first time ive herd about protesters testing positive, BLM last year, britney higgins protest, all the vic lockdown protests and nsw lockdown protests were all fine, wonder why this one is getting all the positive tests....

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
We may not know how many more will return a positive test, if they are anti vax/lockdown then I doubt many of them will front for a test.

I've heard that saying so many times now and it always makes me laugh.
Do protesters who catch covid get sick or do they just sleep it off for a day with a Panadol and a glass of stout?
I think if they get sick enough they will turn up at hospitals like anyone else. Probably won't admit where they caught it though.

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
first time ive herd about protesters testing positive, BLM last year, britney higgins protest, all the vic lockdown protests and nsw lockdown protests were all fine, wonder why this one is getting all the positive tests....

Perhaps the Delta variant is the difference?

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
Perhaps the Delta variant is the difference?
nsw had protests with delta and vic has like 2 or so protests thru this last quick 5 day lockdown oops is like 40 days now, i doubt we will notice a difference in cases anyway as vic is just going up no matter what, once a big city goes delta it don't go back

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Was texting a mate in England who I went to school with and they are having a laugh at Victoria being the longest lockdown state in the world. I told him that we had 500 cases the other day. He said that's good news that the numbers are coming down. He couldn't believe it when I told him that it had peaked at 500 cases.
He also said that all restrictions over there have been lifted but people are a bit nervous and still wear masks voluntary.
The majority of people there are double vaxxed that the death rate from covid is now so low that more people are dying from the flu.

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
Was texting a mate in England who I went to school with and they are having a laugh at Victoria being the longest lockdown state in the world. I told him that we had 500 cases the other day. He said that's good news that the numbers are coming down. He couldn't believe it when I told him that it had peaked at 500 cases.
He also said that all restrictions over there have been lifted but people are a bit nervous and still wear masks voluntary.
The majority of people there are double vaxxed that the death rate from covid is now so low that more people are dying from the flu.

136000 deaths.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS

Your mate has a government that smashed out vaccinations and was happy with the risk profile between lifting restrictions and hitting a solid rate of shots. Do the maths that's potentially 25k dead Australians. Doesn't make much sense to me to suffer this long only to quit on the last stretch

Peaked at 766 so far btw. It's pretty sh!t what Victoria has endured, ACT went over 100 days without any lockdowns but can't shake delta even with this tiny population. 83% single dose means we'll be living with it hopefully in 6 weeks

Last edited:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67

Sure about those numbers?

I also doubt the claims about the flu. Precautions taken to prevent the spread of covid also prevent the spread of the flu. Delta is more contagious than the flu if you believe the experts and covid also has a higher rate of fatality. Vaccination rates for the UK stand at 67% both shots, 73% only one shot so still a fair way to go with a 7 day average death rate 143 (and rising slowly).

Currently Aussie is at 61.5% and 40.1% and NZ 64.9% and 35.1% respectively so it's definitely not yet time to simply open up without any precautions yet.

edit:
On July 19th (freedom day as it was termed) the UK had a 7 day average death rate off 42 and vaccination rates of 69.5% and 54.4%. The takeaway here been that these vaccination rates aren't high enough to prevent a large number of deaths. Also note that the UK's total vaccination rate is only increasing very slowly and will probably not exceed 75% by the end of the year at the current rate.

Last edited:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Your mate has a government that smashed out vaccinations and was happy with the risk profile between lifting restrictions and hitting a solid rate of shots. Do the maths that's potentially 25k dead Australians. Doesn't make much sense to me to suffer this long only to quit on the last stretch

Peaked at 766 so far btw. It's pretty sh!t what Victoria has endured, ACT went over 100 days without any lockdowns but can't shake delta even with this tiny population. 83% single dose means we'll be living with it hopefully in 6 weeks

The UK went hard early with vaccinations but they have fairly much stalled. They also went hard because they basically took the majority of the early supply of the vaccines along with the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.