Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Lockdown Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Sure about those numbers?

[/URL]

I also doubt the claims about the flu. Precautions taken to prevent the spread of covid also prevent the spread of the flu. Delta is more contagious than the flu if you believe the experts and covid also has a higher rate of fatality. Vaccination rates for the UK stand at 67% both shots, 73% only one shot so still a fair way to go with a 7 day average death rate 143 (and rising slowly).

Currently Aussie is at 61.5% and 40.1% and NZ 64.9% and 35.1% respectively so it's definitely not yet time to simply open up without any precautions yet.

edit:
On July 19th (freedom day as it was termed) the UK had a 7 day average death rate off 42 and vaccination rates of 69.5% and 54.4%. The takeaway here been that these vaccination rates aren't high enough to prevent a large number of deaths. Also note that the UK's total vaccination rate is only increasing very slowly and will probably not exceed 75% by the end of the year at the current rate.
Sorry should have read 500 new cases .

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Was texting a mate in England who I went to school with and they are having a laugh at Victoria being the longest lockdown state in the world. I told him that we had 500 cases the other day. He said that's good news that the numbers are coming down. He couldn't believe it when I told him that it had peaked at 500 cases.
He also said that all restrictions over there have been lifted but people are a bit nervous and still wear masks voluntary.
The majority of people there are double vaxxed that the death rate from covid is now so low that more people are dying from the flu.
The UK has got it right. They are not letting a virus dictate their way of life forever after. I thought Aussies were smarter than to fall for the nonsense at the current level. Vaccine passports FFS. People need to remember that this virus has a relatively low fatality rate and not lose their minds over all the crap on the TV. It's just aimed at keeping you under the bed and not asking questions. Does anyone actually believe all the propaganda showing up now saying don't do your own research, don't read anything because it's too complicated for you to understand? There's a good reason they don't want people to understand more about Covid. They don't want you to realize it's not as bad as they're making out.

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
Does anyone actually believe all the propaganda showing up now saying don't do your own research, don't read anything because it's too complicated for you to understand?

Any examples of this propoganda?

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
The UK have chosen economy and limiting dissent over lives. Maybe that was the right choice maybe it wasn't. It's easy to sit pretty on our lowly populated continent island and cast aspersions but I'm not sure everyone wants to play the game of covid Russian roulette. The UK daily death rate is still climbing steadily as is their hospitalisation numbers. It's not about being afraid, that's your choice. It's about being pragmatic. If we're going to live with it let's at least afford everyone who wants it the opportunity to be jabbed before this dog gets off its leash. You saw what it did in four months to Victoria right? I'm not quite sure who's fallen for nonsense here

Can't disagree with the vaccine passports though. Once all those who will be are vaccinated, what's the point? The unvaccinated are grown ups free to take their own risks, they're of no concern to the jabbed aside the extra tax dollars they might incur from health issues

greenacc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Some interesting reading on the natural resistance you get after recovering from Covid. Much stronger resistance than the vaccine provides.

On the propaganda subject. We've all heard about the text messages from Craig Kelly providing a link to the info on the record of adverse reactions Australians have had after receiving the vàccine. The information is publicly available info compiled by an Australian medical body. Yet the Aus government wants him silenced and people dismiss the data as BS because it lists so many ☠️ deaths. Government dismisses those deaths saying people die of all sorts of things so it's just a coincidence that they died soon after being vaccinated eg elderly, cancer sufferers, heart attack.
But have you noticed when they read out the few daily deaths with Covid, everything is counted? If you're 99 and only have days to live when you catch covid that's automatically a death with Covid and the government sends their condolences... They never read out the people who died at home soon after they were vaccinated, unless they died with Covid of course. They only want you to hear about covid and death. Vaccine deaths? Nah never happened.
Anything to do with the fact govco would have a much harder time explaining their lockdown until vaccinated approach if people link Phizer to all those deaths??

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Some interesting reading on the natural resistance you get after recovering from Covid. Much stronger resistance than the vaccine provides.

That didn't work out so well for nearly 5 million people and the millions more with ongoing effects, losing all quality of life. There's also the issue with further mutations. Vaccines aren't a silver bullet but they would have saved most folk from these fates and will help prevent mutations in turn

You don't really come across as someone who cares much for life over your inconvenience. We're all going to die, it's just okay when that was chronologically closer for some? They were old, sick, impaired, disabled that makes it fine... How old are you? Just so I can figure out of I care or not when you croak

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Got a link to the covid vaccine deaths in Aussie?

In NZ we have one. 1 in almost 5 million shots + a few adverse that didn't result in death, when we've had some 4144 cases and 27 deaths directly related to covid or 1 in 153.5 which are the better odds?

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Craig Kelly and Clive Palmer are fools who nearly got charged by the TGA for their contextless propaganda but slipped out on a technicality. I got a mild fever, aches and pains from the expected seroconversion of a adenovirus vector. That was listed as 'adverse'. It's scary how many people he suckered with his targeted anti science rhetoric. Putting lives at risk to point score against the government when they are the same creatures from the same swamp

We surely all know a lot of vaccinated people by now. Use your own brain as to whether you think it's crap or not

greenacc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Got a link to the covid vaccine deaths in Aussie?

In NZ we have one. 1 in almost 5 million shots + a few adverse that didn't result in death, when we've had some 4144 cases and 27 deaths directly related to covid or 1 in 153.5 which are the better odds?
I'll find it. Funny how I missed out on the text that went out to a few million LoL. I've read the table before though so I know what's in it.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Funny how legally a politician can spam me and there's nothing I can do about it. I'd post the link but I deleted the text. Plus it's Skydrols job to post that stuff

This is the whole site on adverse affects from the TGA https://www.tga.gov.au/covid-19-vaccine-safety-monitoring-and-reporting

Public database https://www.tga.gov.au/database-adverse-event-notifications-daen

Good fact check on the UAP propaganda here which wasn't their own, they borrowed it from social media https://www.aap.com.au/australian-vaccine-death-claims-are-a-data-dupe/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.