Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Lockdown Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
My neighbour went out yesterday and came in contact with someone in Brisbane who has Covid. He has to go into home quarantine for 14 days. He was in the process of having his bath taken out and a shower installed so the plumbers doing the job will be affected by this. They probably will have to isolate as well. Unfortunately for my neighbour they were only half way through the job. He does have a portable shower so perhaps he won't be affected so much.

I just hope they are able to find were the Covid came from. I don't know but it could have come from someone who crossed the border illegally.

In SA the plumbers would have to isolate as well, but in QLD it's only tier 1 contacts. A contact of a contact only has to monitor themselves. SA has T2 isolation, so the contacts of the T1 contacts have to isolate.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
My neighbour went out yesterday and came in contact with someone in Brisbane who has Covid. He has to go into home quarantine for 14 days. He was in the process of having his bath taken out and a shower installed so the plumbers doing the job will be affected by this. They probably will have to isolate as well. Unfortunately for my neighbour they were only half way through the job. He does have a portable shower so perhaps he won't be affected so much.

I just hope they are able to find were the Covid came from. I don't know but it could have come from someone who crossed the border illegally.

Back in May, we planned a QLD trip to show grandson #3 where I battled sheep, horses and snakes in my younger days, and at present should be on our way back from Charleville to bludge a few days meals and accommodation from friends and rellies in the Esk and Ipswich area.
That, obviously is not happening.

I was astounded a few weeks ago that at the Ipswich branch, one has the first jab, but because he had an adverse reaction for a day, is not getting the second, and his wife has not any jab, as the virus ‘is not around here’.
At that point in the phone conversation, I decided to change the subject.

Did I mention something about complacency earlier. :confused:

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Back in May, we planned a QLD trip to show grandson #3 where I battled sheep, horses and snakes in my younger days, and at present should be on our way back from Charleville to bludge a few days meals and accommodation from friends and rellies in the Esk and Ipswich area.
That, obviously is not happening.

I was astounded a few weeks ago that at the Ipswich branch, one has the first jab, but because he had an adverse reaction for a day, is not getting the second, and his wife has not any jab, as the virus ‘is not around here’.
At that point in the phone conversation, I decided to change the subject.

Did I mention something about complacency earlier. :confused:
There is some irony in the person you know who has had one jab. My neighbour has had one jab and is worried about the second jab because a friend of his had a bad reaction and wound up in hospital and is still not quite right. Haven't asked my neighbour what his thoughts are on the second jab now he is in quarantine.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
It's interesting how different people react to the vaccines. Both my boys have had their shots, one had more of a reaction to first dose, the other more of a reaction on the 2nd dose, nothing major though but definitely knew it was doing something.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Hmmm...........no names, no pack drill.
You could be my rellie under a pseudonym, and two did live in Raceview at different times back when.
Even got some fish' n' chips from that famous redhead's shop. :)

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
I had a bit of a reaction to the first jab, but nothing after the second one.

asshole.jpg

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Hmmm...........no names, no pack drill.
You could be my rellie under a pseudonym, and two did live in Raceview at different times back when.
Even got some fish' n' chips from that famous redhead's shop. :)
No pseudonym. The redheaded nutters fish and chip shop (with extras) was gone from here before I arrived.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
There is some irony in the person you know who has had one jab. My neighbour has had one jab and is worried about the second jab because a friend of his had a bad reaction and wound up in hospital and is still not quite right. Haven't asked my neighbour what his thoughts are on the second jab now he is in quarantine.
I had AZ ,My first jab I was ok , with my second jab I was aching all over , knees elbows , neck etc had 2 days off work. My wife and daughter had Pfizer, both were tired and slept the best part of the day with both jabs. Son also had Pfizer with no side effects except for sore arm.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
First AZ smacked me on my arse. Second one still to come. Just in time, we'll be living with it by Christmas and this thread should start to gather dust. It's almost surreal to finally have a date on it

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
First AZ smacked me on my arse. Second one still to come. Just in time, we'll be living with it by Christmas and this thread should start to gather dust. It's almost surreal to finally have a date on it
dont worry im sure there will be some states that will keep it rolling thru 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.