Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Lockdown Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
I also believe that these huge global pharmaceutical corporations should supply vaccines at COST price.

How do you know they aren't?

Should all the people who spent time developing the vaccine not get paid? Or how are you covering their wages?

I read that the new tram and trains were being made locally. (Victoria)

They are, minimum 65% local content requirement (higher than any other state)

I'd be intrigued to find out where everybody bashing Dan thinks the Sydney Metro trains were made (India), or the new Queensland rollingstock where the toilet doors were too narrow to comply (China)?

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/po...ndards-only-one-is-fixed-20200713-p55bln.html

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6

Should all the people who spent time developing the vaccine not get paid? Or how are you covering their wages?

My understanding is that AZ is doing that.

Also, wages are part of "cost".

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6

Um, no. I didn't suggest that, as I said, 'cost' ....cost of production.
Why should big pharma be allowed to profiteer from this pandemic, if average citizens are ordered by spontaneous rule of law to make big sacrifices, then so should multi-billion $$ corporations.

"They" keep telling "us" that "we" are "all" in this together.....millions of people in Australia and around the world have to make huge sacrifices and ORDERED by our governments into draconian lockdowns, lost job security (not that many had much security).
Businesses that are the backbone of our economy are struggling even with income supplements we cannot afford.

NSW police commissioner has requested thousands more police to enforce these rules and charge anyone breaking them.
He has also requested 300 Australia Defence Force (ADF) personnel to boost the NSW Police force's operational capacity.
Bringing the military in for this is a seriously bad move by NSW Police and the Premier.
Berejeklian has lost any credibility she might have had, in addition, her ex-boyfriend and ex MP was involved in fraud, it was in the news late last year.

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
My understanding is that AZ is doing that.

Also, wages are part of "cost".

Well, I would argue there needs to be proof and transparency, ....not 'creative accounting' to make it appear they are good corporate citizens.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
The ADF have been assisting with Covid since it first raised its ugly head

99.9% of the gen population are happy to see a ADF member help in a time of crisis, it's only the 0.1% that complain

As for the fraud "claim", where's the hard evidence that "she" was corrupt, if there was "hard evidence" the Labour party would be all over it, as there is no hard evidence all the Labour party has is rumours and innuendo

In other news, I had my 2nd AZ shot today :)

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
The ADF have been assisting with Covid since it first raised its ugly head

99.9% of the gen population are happy to see a ADF member help in a time of crisis, it's only the 0.1% that complain

As for the fraud "claim", where's the hard evidence that "she" was corrupt, if there was "hard evidence" the Labour party would be all over it, as there is no hard evidence all the Labour party has is rumours and innuendo
yea we are doing some parts but still having parts made alse wear, and of course asking a place if they are doing something wrong are going to say they arnt
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06...-parts-supplier-uyghur-labour-links/100215680
Mm, I read that, and it is concerning
yea we are doing some parts but still having parts made alse wear, and of course asking a place if they are doing something wrong are going to say they arnt
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06...-parts-supplier-uyghur-labour-links/100215680
Yes I read that. It’s concerning, especially as the Andrews Government say they have read the report although not looked into the assertions themselves. However, they are happy to go along with the report that there’s nothing untoward going on.

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
Um, no. I didn't suggest that, as I said, 'cost' ....cost of production.
Why should big pharma be allowed to profiteer from this pandemic, if average citizens are ordered by spontaneous rule of law to make big sacrifices, then so should multi-billion $$ corporations.

You said cost, not cost of production.
Cost of a product is not just that to produce it.
As I said you've got development, trials, approvals... all before you consider back end overhead stuff like HR, IT...

So again. How do you know they aren't selling at the whole cost? Or is it wild speculation with no basis? Doesn't sound like most of this thread... :rolleyes:

And if you want them to sell it at a loss (or even for free) who pays the staff who worked hard making it? Where is the incentive to develop it? Like it or not it's a corporatised world. Not reached that Star Trek, no money utopia just yet

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
Status
Not open for further replies.