Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Lockdown Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
If whinging was an Olympic sport, Australia would have gold, silver and bronze, with spectator packed stands of opinion-istic journos, hindsight experts, and point scoring politicians cheering them on.
hahaha… so true…

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Queensland goes into lockdown at 4 pm today for three days. A girl at a high school has tested positive to the delta variant of Covid. Apparently the panic buying has already started.

I have recently joined the Ipswich Classic and muscle car club and was going to get my membership card laminated. I think it might wait until the lockdown is over. That is the only way I am going to be inconvenienced. Life is tough when you are an oldie. Still can take the dog for a walk, all my other exercises are done at home.

JRNZER

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hyundai i30 N-Line
Queensland goes into lockdown at 4 pm today for three days. A girl at a high school has tested positive to the delta variant of Covid. Apparently the panic buying has already started.

I have recently joined the Ipswich Classic and muscle car club and was going to get my membership card laminated. I think it might wait until the lockdown is over. That is the only way I am going to be inconvenienced. Life is tough when you are an oldie. Still can take the dog for a walk, all my other exercises are done at home.

It will be interesting to how the numbers go. Ungected people were at the school from July 21st, wether they were infected then or not no one seems to know, and they've had some big meetings at the school since then.
Hoping this only goes for the 3 days

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6

At this stage it is only South East Queensland going into lockdown at 4pm today.

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
It would be interesting to know how many people who test positive for covid, also have the flu virus.
It is currently the Winter flu season in Oz
If someone had both viruses at the same time it may cause more severe symptoms

Parallel testing for covid and flu??

There appears to be quite a distinction occurring based on the media reports.
A person either gets hit hard and ends up in ICU or dies, or they have mild to no symptoms

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
the covid tests only show that u have covid cells, they dont show if the cells are alive or dead or packed in your system or on the decline, certainly explains why we always get false positive, false negative, with and without symptoms, some go to ICU some nothing, counting cases as we do is pointless based on the current test but sounds good getting the high numbers every day until u look at the number tested compared to positive cases,
the last 24hrs was 212 cases out of 105,000 tested so 0.2% were positive and over 99% tested negative sounds better then 212 cases stay home or your going to die and kill your family... cases are going higher because more and more people are getting tested its the same 0.2% positive test rate even at the start when the testing was only 40-50k a day tested

JRNZER

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hyundai i30 N-Line
At this stage it is only South East Queensland going into lockdown at 4pm today.

Wonder how/if this will affect the nrl teams. They're playing games in Rockhampton, Mackay, Theres a game in Redcliffe tomorrow. Majority of the teams are staying in areas that are in lockdown

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
Wonder how/if this will affect the nrl teams. They're playing games in Rockhampton, Mackay, Theres a game in Redcliffe tomorrow. Majority of the teams are staying in areas that are in lockdown
I don't follow the NRL but I'd reckon the teams currently staying in lockdown areas of Sth E. Qld, have about 3 hours from now to get out of the area, or they will have to remain in lockdown.
Snap lockdown, less than 12hrs notice

JRNZER

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hyundai i30 N-Line
Status
Not open for further replies.