Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Lockdown Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Who said the flu can't be stopped? Last year flu number were almost non existent! People with the flu are only virulent and spread their germs when they are symptomatic (unlike covid). No the flu is preventable, the difference is people don't care about the flu because for most people it is minor and we are happy to turn a blind eye to those who do get more sick and get hospitalized because mostly those people tend to be older and I guess consider them only to be a burden on society.
Why was flue almost non existent last year?

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
90% of the NSW population is now in lockdown, with the western and south western regions under the strictest compliance.
That's approx.... 7 million people in total.

Gladys will be gone next election, if not sooner.

There have been protests in France, Greece, Australia and Italy, that I know of, with protests against lockdowns and compulsory vaccination cards, the French President.....ex investment banker....with previous senior positions within government, he knows people in very powerful positions. I don't trust him.

This is what I've been banging on about...the revolving door between government and big private corporations.

We need to outlaw that s-hit, globally.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Yesterday I might have agreed with you. Today I'm sitting in my house waiting for a test result due to pure, unavoidable happenstance. The immediate and positive action of the ACT government, my employer and the responsible use of check-ins means I haven't been anywhere but home and contact tracers know the score

Right now I happily say fcuk lockdown protesters. If it costs me money, if it impacts my financial life, heath and mental well-being I don't care. My children, loved one's, friends and colleagues are safe from me

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
90% of the NSW population is now in lockdown, with the western and south western regions under the strictest compliance.
That's approx.... 7 million people in total.

Gladys will be gone next election, if not sooner.

There have been protests in France, Greece, Australia and Italy, that I know of, with protests against lockdowns and compulsory vaccination cards, the French President.....ex investment banker....with previous senior positions within government, he knows people in very powerful positions. I don't trust him.

This is what I've been banging on about...the revolving door between government and big private corporations.

We need to outlaw that s-hit, globally.

Yes, sadly NSW is in deep sh*t at the moment because Gladys didn't go fast and hard enough with a full on lockdown at the start of their latest covid-19 outbreak.

You should remember Joh Bejelke-Petersen banned protests in QLD back in the 1970's. He was a dictator leading a not so democratically elected political party.
Self serving politicians and pollies in the pockets of the big end of town have been around since...................well....................... forever.
Good luck with getting that sh*t outlawed.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I spent 8 months mostly at home being extra hygienic. Didn't even have a cold or a tickle in my throat. I doubt I was the only one
Exactly the reason. The extraordinary and unnatural circumstances of lockdown have produced less opportunity to pass on other viruses.
Let's not try and pretend that is a reasonable excuse for any kind of ongoing or future lockdown. Meaning jab everyone that wants one and remove all the BS. Australia was paranoid enough in the pre covid days but it's 1000 times worse now. All under the guise of our safety, and politicians knowing what's good for us better than we do. I'd rather die a free man than a sheltered hermit in a communist state.

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
Exactly the reason. The extraordinary and unnatural circumstances of lockdown have produced less opportunity to pass on other viruses.
Let's not try and pretend that is a reasonable excuse for any kind of ongoing or future lockdown. Meaning jab everyone that wants one and remove all the BS. Australia was paranoid enough in the pre covid days but it's 1000 times worse now. All under the guise of our safety, and politicians knowing what's good for us better than we do. I'd rather die a free man than a sheltered hermit in a communist state.

Once enough people have been vaccinated the lock downs will end.
Eventually, to get back to our normal existence, we have to let this killer virus loose in the population.

Last edited:

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Ironically my jab is booked for next week. That's it, until we're vaxxed enough lockdowns are all there is. Sure the debate rages about their effectiveness but in the current ACT situation there no debate. Go hard and go fast

Status
Not open for further replies.