Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Lockdown Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
Yes, sadly NSW is in deep sh*t at the moment because Gladys didn't go fast and hard enough with a full on lockdown at the start of their latest covid-19 outbreak.

You should remember Joh Bejelke-Petersen banned protests in QLD back in the 1970's. He was a dictator leading a not so democratically elected political party.
Self serving politicians and pollies in the pockets of the big end of town have been around since...................well....................... forever.
Good luck with getting that sh*t outlawed.

Yeah, it seems like a never ending quest.

Well, by gee, you you, I well will, you know, I know the difference, yes of course, we do...you you better believe I, we know what is between a pumpkin scone and a candle stick maker, by gee by crikey Flo's scones are you bet, the best.....
That's for sure, I, we, you you, I know what I'm talking about...don't worry about that! ;)

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Yes, sadly NSW is in deep sh*t at the moment because Gladys didn't go fast and hard enough with a full on Lockdown
Here we are about 6 weeks in and we still don't have a proper lockdown. Non essential people from the worst suburbs can't go to work which is slowly bankrupting many families. But wait, here's the best part, people that live in other areas can go into those areas and work all day or all week and go straight back to their clean area. Meh, what could go wrong ??
I hate lockdowns but the only thing worse than a lockdown is a drawn out pretend one that don't work.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
I spent 8 months mostly at home being extra hygienic. Didn't even have a cold or a tickle in my throat. I doubt I was the only one
I can’t remember the last time I had a cold. I do remember having the flue over twenty years ago.
Geez, that was a bugger. I couldn’t get out of bed for five days!

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Yes very compelling.
So that means when I thought I had the flue twenty years ago, it could well have been Covid?
It sort of fits time wise. After all, wasn’t it about twenty years ago when the vaccine for Covid was invented? Or am I just getting so confused by all the conflicting information?
Maybe I should go back to bed and do some more research into Flat Earth theories. I found that so much more entertaining!

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I can’t remember the last time I had a cold. I do remember having the flue over twenty years ago.
Geez, that was a bugger. I couldn’t get out of bed for five days!

Having younger kids, nee petrie dishes, colds and scratchy throats were somewhat common for a while. I think I've had the flu maybe 4 times in 43 years

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Having younger kids, nee petrie dishes, colds and scratchy throats were somewhat common for a while. I think I've had the flu maybe 4 times in 43 years
Yes I’m with you there. Having had the flu some three or four times over my 63 years on this earth.
And now I find myself dodging and weaving whilst in amongst my seven young snotty nosed grandchildren.
I also refuse to have a slice of birthday cake that has had its candles blown out by one if not all of them!

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
Well, I don't know what's the real deal with these lockdowns, border closures and travel restrictions ....I have friends with shops in the tourist districts here in north Qld, I visit often and for the past 12 months there has been a flood ...literally..of southerners, mostly from Victoria and NSW, holidaying....wtf...I don't get it, they aren't driving here they are flying in, in addition there are still regular Asian tourists floating about, not as many as before Covid, but they are still touristing around.
o_O

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
They all came to QLD towing their caravans when our borders were open and now they don't want to leave.

greenacc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
That's what I think. This is a great time to be out on the road, at a beach in the middle of nowhere.
Imagine being a grey nomad right now say 75yo. You want to have your last harrah on the open road with your caravan and your old Mrs drinking her cups of tea while you catch some fish for dinner. You both know you are running out of time before you're too old for it all and sell the van and the cruiser. But no, some all knowing chest beating politicians 20yrs younger than you,
claiming to be Mother Theresa and wanting to save the world tell you they'll fine you if you travel more than 5km from home. But don't worry it's for your own good, we wouldn't want you to catch the virus.

greenacc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
And now I find myself dodging and weaving whilst in amongst my seven young snotty nosed grandchildren.
I also refuse to have a slice of birthday cake that has had its candles blown out by one if not all of them!
Wait what? You can't hide from viruses forever. If you're immune system doesn't get exposed to anything new it could become weak and then when something really scary comes along it might forget what to do!

Status
Not open for further replies.