Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Motorcycle riders thread

Baldoldfart

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
90 - Copy.jpg
90CL - Copy.jpg

Just got this going, needs a bit like seat cover and tyres but getting there. Might have to put a restrictor in the carb to cut the power back :p

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
My favourite bike, after I took the plastic enduro tank, guards & side plates off and refiited the originals just before selling it and moving to Australia back in '81. Or maybe it's 1977-78 just after I bought it and before I put all the original parts into safe-keeping

TT500.jpg

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
My favourite bike, after I took the plastic enduro tank, guards & side plates off and refiited the originals just before selling it and moving to Australia back in '81. Or maybe it's 1977-78 just after I bought it and before I put all the original parts into safe-keeping

View attachment 237177
........Back when we all had lots of hair and could wear moccasins out of the house with socks without looking old.
Everyone at the School of Engineering had one of these bikes and fell off them regularly.

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
Hah. Yea, pretty sure that was just after I bought it, the 12" flared pants definitely scream '70s! I don't think that's my riding gear, just the westie house where I lived with a bunch of mates. Only fell off once, on a patch of diesel in the rain as I decelerated. After the skin on my ankle bone grew back I always wore boots and went into every wet corner on bitumen in a controlled slide. Only way to go on knobblies.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Just grabbed some FIVE HG-3 heated gloves.

Super toasty and pretty comfortable for a winter glove.

Rechargeable batteries with off - low - medium - high.

On the highest setting ( bloody hot) they lasted about 2 hours from full charge

In all honesty though, the only time you would need the highest setting would be in sub zero temps, even without turning them on my hands were toasty at 10° c.

They have got a few layers of thermal, and are waterproof.

Cold wet hands suck balls.

I'll test out how long the other settings last, but going off the difference in heat, the low setting will possibly last double the high setting

I'll see how the lowest setting is when the weather starts to cool down a bit

Why not heated grips you say? Because I've had them and never rated them, they make the palms of your hand warm, but my fingers still froze, these things have borh the front and rear of the hand heated

images.jpeg

I also replaced my old wets with a new set of Ixon stripe Jacket and pant, the last time they got used the pants leaked and it was like I had pissed myself, and as it was riding into Canberra it was bloody cold and I near on froze my balls off

Martbar

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF Series 2 SSV Redline.

In all honesty though, the only time you would need the highest setting would be in sub zero temps, even without turning them on my hands were toasty at 10° c.

I'll test out how long the other settings last, but going off the difference in heat, the low setting will possibly last double the high setting

Why not heated grips you say? Because I've had them and never rated them, they make the palms of your hand warm, but my fingers still froze, these things have borh the front and rear of the hand heated

View attachment 238227

I also replaced my old wets with a new set of Ixon stripe Jacket and pant, the last time they got used the pants leaked and it was like I had pissed myself, and as it was riding into Canberra it was bloody cold and I near on froze my balls off

View attachment 238227

Mate lived in Canberra for many years and it was colder than where I am now, central SI NZ.
We decided to ride over to Hay
(S.A. l think) left Canberra about 5am, only been on the bikes for about an hour, when we stopped for gas. The condensation on the outside of the helmet visor was coming off in Sheets of ice, l couldn't even hold on to a cup of coffee my hands were that frozen.
All of the boys were getting up me because they had wanted to leave the night before and it was my idea to have the early start. Never been that cold before or since and there is nothing that I wouldn't have done for a pair of your gloves
Cheers mate.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Mate lived in Canberra for many years and it was colder than where I am now, central SI NZ.
We decided to ride over to Hay
(S.A. l think) left Canberra about 5am, only been on the bikes for about an hour, when we stopped for gas. The condensation on the outside of the helmet visor was coming off in Sheets of ice, l couldn't even hold on to a cup of coffee my hands were that frozen.
All of the boys were getting up me because they had wanted to leave the night before and it was my idea to have the early start. Never been that cold before or since and there is nothing that I wouldn't have done for a pair of your gloves
Cheers mate.
Hay is in N.S.W.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Whilst I'm playing around with the car it would be unfair not to play around with the bike

My right heal would get rather toasty sitting next to the exhaust, even though it does have a shield, so, some heat wrap under the sheilding was called for, you cannot even really see it which is nice

I'm riding to Goulburn tomorrow so it should cure well and stop smoking by........ Marulan........

Just need to give the bike a clean, to ensure it rains today, and not tomorrow....
20220731_132203.thumb.jpg.d96d769c21ff5f9967fb389c9b292f93.jpg
20220731_132220.thumb.jpg.be14714b5e57b1547ff41028e9742699.jpg

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
I pretty much / really knew but still = having not seen in a long long time
Two Wheels mag = no more = such a dam shame .
Remember getting mags back in the 80s and subscribed in the 90s

Have pretty much most of.
Having originally dismissed the Yammy TRX 850 in the late /mid 90sm= got =what a great bike.

But for me I vividly remember = early 80s (as a young bloke sitting in my mates Falcon ute and ol'mate lane splits on a Moto Guzzi MK iiii 850 Le Mans )==== That's for ME !!!

Two Wheels , Bike of the Year mag =( still got it in the cupboard ) = read and reread as I saved = they wrote real write ups back then !!!
Anyway got a second hand one = 1.5 years old = so pristine eveyone thought I'd bought it new .

RIP TWO Wheels.

Googled M G=

Mine = how it ended up!!