Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The OFFICIAL VE ALLOYTEC V6 SUPER MASSIVE FUN HAPPY TIME exhaust thread!!!!!!!11!!!!

Gokz777

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY09.5 SV6 5sp Auto
A mate of mine had a VZ SV6 and the exhaust system on that sounded awesome, he also said it had picked up in the low to mid range too. He had advanced headers, into twin 2 inch with standard cats (may benefit more from hi flows) into single 2.5inch nagnaflow muffler and hotdog style resonator. All stainless steel.

So can anyone pleasssssseeee answer me this question? Will putting SS/club/v8 mufflers on an SV6 make it sound any better?

NickVR - Sounds nice, but I really don't see the point in spending 2000 on an exhaust system?

RayLamp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keQZj...eature=related

WHAT THE HELL IS THAT SETUP? do you know what it is or how much it costs? that cant be just v8 mufflers on an SV6?

Luke V8

AKA Luke!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SSV
almost a 3 year old thread dig.

Some helpful advice... If you want it to sound like a v8, buy a v8 as it's not gonna happen..... if you want to make the V6 sound better - Go to a perfomance exhaust place and ask them - they are the experts. Or go to some cruises and hear systems for yourself.

/

James19

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SIDI Ute
What Exhaust to get for an SIDI auto V6???

I have started to do my car up. just got 20' rims, and now i am trying to find the best exhuast system. preferably catback
thinking the 2.5 and 2.25 xforce catback.

anyone got some pointers

GetToDaChopa

Blues Brother # 2
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Blues Mobile
400_F_10105436_mn0xgLN1HVmsNKPZjEazWNIG2R3L3Spg.jpg

extractors with sports exhaust maaan, do it.

HussySV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VW GOLF GTD
well cant really do extractors on the 3l sidi..... unless ofcourse op has 3.6l

Why not ? :S are you 100% sure about it ? Im not saying your wrong, i have no clue but it sounds bit odd to me :S but then again ur the one with the car loll

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
the 3.0l sidi v6 has the headers attatched to the engine! so cant get extractors for them, stupid i know

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The heads only have one port for exhaust as the manifolds is built into the heads on the 3.0L.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
the 3.0l sidi v6 has the headers attatched to the engine! so cant get extractors for them, stupid i know

imo its a great design!

you want to keep exhaust gases as hot as possible for as long as possible. fancy pipework outside the engine = greater surface area = greater cooling effect. with a single port, all that hot air is concentrated down a single path straight out the rear end. ok, you cant customise the 'extractor' portion because its inbuilt... but it's unlikely they've used an inefficient design in there. most exhausts you buy aftermarket arent specifically tuned to the car you are putting them on anyway (unless you are paying $$$), so all in all the newer 'single port' setup isnt a bad thing and their wouldnt be much improvement (if any) to changing the current setup (other than to make it more efficient at holding the heat in it better/longer).