Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The OFFICIAL VE ALLOYTEC V6 SUPER MASSIVE FUN HAPPY TIME exhaust thread!!!!!!!11!!!!

cashie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V
just for reference, PG and Cashie what type of cars do you have? Ute, Sedan, Wagon?

maybe some body shapes are a little more suseptible to a little drone?

Mines a sedan, I think you may be right about the different body types having different results with drone...
I drove mine yesterday with the ski port down to try and hear any drone... None.
I think the key is to get the AFM (1 into 2 outlet) mufflers, they looked identical to me (not that I can tell what's inside).

I also couldn't believe the amount of rust etc on the top seams of the old mufflers I removed, even the flanges showed some rust (mines an 07 too)..

holdengirl17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SII SV6 sport wagon & a VX SII Executive
can you put ve ss mufflers on a ve berlina?

sclarke7171

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SIDI UTE, Leather and crap
I just fitted a pair of Walkinshaw rear mufflers to my ute and they sound better but it's gone from quiet to a mild drone. I might do a cat back med section upgrade
But looks hot
c0947551-26f8-3f82.jpg
c0947555-270a-76bb.jpg
c0947555-271b-4734.jpg

TumTum

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY9.5 VE SV6 Ute, 2001 VXII Berlina Sed
Hi mc.,

The Berlina rear bumper cover is the same as the Calais, which has the option of quad tips. If you compare the bumpers, there are three variants of the insert attached to the lower part of the bumper cover ("bumper cover" = painted to match car; "insert" = black unpaired plastic under it where the tow bar gets attached through). The pre-SIDI Berlina has no opening on the left and a smaller curved opening on the right - the black plastic extends all the way to both sides of the bumper cover, going around the tailpipe. SIDI is the same - just with an opening on the left. Calais variant (and MY06 V8 Berlinas) insert is different in that the insert is narrower and doesn't go over the exhaust tips. This gives the extra clearance required for the flared chrome tips - dual or single, they both need a little more room. So, on your Berlina, if you go with a single dual tip (RH side only), you could theoretically just get the insert trimmed to match the Calais style. Or, go the dual exhaust (both sides like the type you mention in your OP) and get a Berlina/Calais insert to suit. In any event, you shouldn't have to change your rear bumper cover - good news considering you'd have to probably get that painted etc. The other SV6/SS style insert (aka diffuser) would be troublesome as the bumper cover is a different shape.

murded_ve

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve omega
22's and exhaust for ve alloytec????

hey just wanted to know if anyone has had any trouble fitting 22's, ive seen a few with 22's but mines only an omega and was wondering if the wheel arches are different dimensions?

and also good exhaust for alloytec any ideas?

cds

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute & WM Statesman
I'm pretty sure wheel arches are same size across the range.

In terms of exhausts, search the VE section theres heaps up mate. Take caution as VE's especially the V6 (sidi or non sidi) both have lots of low rpm or cruise rpm drone issues.

murded_ve

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve omega
Ok thanks heaps mate, I shall be fitting them soon an then put some photos up

VTProductions

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE BERLINA 07
i got mine from jhp for 400 fully installed plus it feel more responsive to me. u hear a lil sound not noticeable. they changed the bar to fit the quad ( i think its the sidi one since they have dual exhaust too)

vtproductions-albums-my-ve-commodore-picture109131-ss-exhaust.jpg

this is the standard one outlet with a tip so it doesnt look that bad
vtproductions-albums-my-ve-commodore-picture109138-standard-ve-exhaust-just-tip-so-doesnt-look-bad-till-i-got-ss-exhaust.jpg