Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The OFFICIAL VE ALLOYTEC V6 SUPER MASSIVE FUN HAPPY TIME exhaust thread!!!!!!!11!!!!

B-roca

I’m an F-18, bro
Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
Yep... spot on! Skins are a crock as well! Just while we're on the subject.

power balance bands r **** lol 40 bucks of useless rubber, skins on the legs actually helps i found a different but the tops and stuff is just a bit much lol love the leg skins but not the topshaha just my 2c

Haha, yea One of my mates wear a powerbalance and he was trying to tell me some **** about it effecting his white blood cell count. I think told him that the only thing that it was doing was injecting bullshit into his brain.

Also as for the Skins things, I used to row for a team (ran of of members) and there was one guy in particular who said that we needed to get the full skins things, but nah just wear a t shirt and tuck them into your board shorts :D
Looks better than walking around wearing a one piece in the cold :D

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Haha, yea One of my mates wear a powerbalance and he was trying to tell me some **** about it effecting his white blood cell count. I think told him that the only thing that it was doing was injecting bullshit into his brain.

Also as for the Skins things, I used to row for a team (ran of of members) and there was one guy in particular who said that we needed to get the full skins things, but nah just wear a t shirt and tuck them into your board shorts :D
Looks better than walking around wearing a one piece in the cold :D

The theory behind skins is sound - it's been used in powerlifting circles for years - ever hear of Bench Shirts, or powerlifting suits? They basically preload the muscle to give you more bounce and hence power at the end of the negative phase of the movement - however, skins just aren't tight or heavy-duty enough. I mean, even a bench shirt generally takes 2 guys to help you get into it and is strong enough to pull a car with... skins are essentially a knock off of this concept, but are designed to be comfortable, thus defeating the purpose. To be beneficial in terms of power/strength, there's no way you could wear it long enough to be beneficial in lengthy sporting events - powerlifters wear them for that lift, and then get helped out of it until the next lift. You'd pass out otherwise! They're extremely constrictive. Anytime I've worn a bench shirt, I've had a headache for days afterwards.

Wow.. this got off topic

B-roca

I’m an F-18, bro
Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
yer people in the full suits with there junk on show lol like guys where shorts over the top seriously lol

Haha yea they had to take of their shorts before we took the boats down to the water, but it was pretty funny because one of the guys was immature as fark and he would shove him big rowing socks off there just too piss off the rowing coach.

The theory behind skins is sound - it's been used in powerlifting circles for years - ever hear of Bench Shirts, or powerlifting suits? They basically preload the muscle to give you more bounce and hence power at the end of the negative phase of the movement - however, skins just aren't tight or heavy-duty enough. I mean, even a bench shirt generally takes 2 guys to help you get into it and is strong enough to pull a car with... skins are essentially a knock off of this concept, but are designed to be comfortable, thus defeating the purpose. To be beneficial in terms of power/strength, there's no way you could wear it long enough to be beneficial in lengthy sporting events - powerlifters wear them for that lift, and then get helped out of it until the next lift. You'd pass out otherwise! They're extremely constrictive. Anytime I've worn a bench shirt, I've had a headache for days afterwards.

Sounds like what happens when I try to fit myself into my Toyota Cavalier while wearing a pair of boxers a size too small :rofl2: :hit:

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute

inf3kted

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore Omega
ve sv6 ute and the ve sv6 sidi have great sounds surprised there only stock systems with after market muffs

How much do Hurricane mufflers go for? because i don't think i can afford Xforce ones :| - Guess i'll still need to install the duel cat back system if i want a better sound and some hurricane mufflers

thanks for fast reply