Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The OFFICIAL VE ALLOYTEC V6 SUPER MASSIVE FUN HAPPY TIME exhaust thread!!!!!!!11!!!!

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Welcome to the VE SUPER MASSIVE V6 EXHAUST THREAD!!!!!!​

I've merged 42 different threads into 1 (there is more, trust me.. at least another 30) and ALL your VE V6 exhaust questions SHOULD BE ANSWERED HERE!!!! Hopefully this will stop the typical 'Whats the best exhaust for my SV6' questions we get on a daily basis. You would be surprised at how many threads were actually titled 'VE SV6 exhaust'.

This thread will be stickied in a few days once people get used to it.

Need a "like x a million" button.

Joey24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I have a VE berlina with a single exhaust and looking to change the muffler to a SSV muffler only on the right hand side as I cannot afford a dual muffler system at the moment. If I was to change the right muffler to SSV muffler with twin tips would I need a new diffuser. I am not sure if there is enough clearance the standard Berlina diffuser?

Also does anyone know if a diffuser with a single hole on the right that exists that will fit a twin tip muffler on VE berlina?

Cheers

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
why don't you buy a stock sv6/ss exhaust off ebay? Should be able to get one cheap for like $50-100

a.critta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series II
kuzman the mid muffler delete sounds good! I was thinking of doing the same thing.. let us know how it goes mate ;)

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
kuzman the mid muffler delete sounds good! I was thinking of doing the same thing.. let us know how it goes mate ;)

Just as an experiment today, I opened up the mid muffler, took out a fair chunk of the fibreglass mesh and sealed it back up and the noise/drone is pretty bad. I think i'll have to just cut it off and replace with straight pipe when ive got abit more time.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
BTW thinking of replacing with an x-pipe or sureflo merge, sent an email off to sureflo, anyone have any idea where I could pickup a decently priced x-pipe or similiar?

Gokz777

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY09.5 SV6 5sp Auto
Suggestions?

Buy a V8.

Or you could buy a duck and ask it to squawk like a chicken.

Keep your exhaust stock, you have a few other things to learn first by the sound of it.

You know what, no, screw that, skip the POS crappy v8 and buy a v12.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
anyone got some 2.25" pipe lying around of an old exhaust or something I could "borrow" for a few experiments??