Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The OFFICIAL VE ALLOYTEC V6 SUPER MASSIVE FUN HAPPY TIME exhaust thread!!!!!!!11!!!!

calais06

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais MY06
Just go straight through the whole way. Replace the hotdogs/crimp section and replace the mid muffler with straight pipe. Note: you will need a decent set of rear mufflers otherwise it will sound ****. When my car was being repaired after being rear ended, the exhaust shop fitted some cheap garbage that sounded absolutly dreadful, made farting noises. Eventually got them to replace it with powersound mufflers as I had on before ($400 each for stainless). So just be careful with what mufflers you get.

So replace mid-mufflers with straight through pipe & what will the hotdogs/crimp section be replaced with? straight through aswell? Will different cats affect the sound aswell?

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Stay away from those, they still drone, and sound like fart at the same time, cops magnets as well as one member (arthur) on here found out. Get a set of proper mufflers.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
How much do you want to spend? I think budget wise redback are pretty good. Alot of members on here are happy with them. I have a set of powersound mufflers in stainless steel. KPM, difillipo, pacemaker all make good mufflers. I'm sure others can chime in.

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
I'll add Berklee (PEX) to that list but I think the Redbacks would be the go on a budget. I do think all will resonate at some point in the Rev range and it will come down to how much that drives you bonkers.

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
I do think all will resonate at some point in the Rev range and it will come down to how much that drives you bonkers.

As Steve has said to me, just turn up your radio :p haha

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
got my car the other day and put new 2.5" straight through mufflers on it. sounds good but want to make it louder. getting the section after the center muffler replaced with straight pipes and wondering if i should also cut the center muffler out too and have straight pipes to the diff. can you guys help me out, taking it to exhaust shop on tuesday.

calais06

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais MY06
got my car the other day and put new 2.5" straight through mufflers on it. sounds good but want to make it louder. getting the section after the center muffler replaced with straight pipes and wondering if i should also cut the center muffler out too and have straight pipes to the diff. can you guys help me out, taking it to exhaust shop on tuesday.

How did you go with this?

How much louder/deeper did it make it?

Did u remove the middle muffler aswell?