Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The OFFICIAL VE ALLOYTEC V6 SUPER MASSIVE FUN HAPPY TIME exhaust thread!!!!!!!11!!!!

Privatedonut

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6 UTE 6 SPEED MAN
ok so i have a 2010 sv6 ute man, and i want to do some aftermarket mods on it what am i looking at spending if i want a full ex system with ceramic coated headers cold air intake maybe the mace otr and a tune?

ashnathan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Thunder Ute
Does anyone know why the HSV mufflers have the flange around the inside of the exhaust tips? Also after alot of driving they seem to turn a whiteish colour, almost like old copper? Has anyone else noticed this?

jasonjea

Reaction score
Website
www.aus-chat.com
Members Ride
VF Commodore SV6 UTE
The OFFICIAL VE V6 SUPER MASSIVE FUN HAPPY TIME exhaust thread!!!!!!!11!!!!

If i just add 2 xforce mufflers on back 2 1/4" will it sonud same like i have whole sistem or ?
As i can get stanly steel for 550.

ambipure

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 ve 60th anniversary sportwagon
The redback sports muffler just put on my ve v6 4speed sounds crap drone to the max!! Shld i swap it for a Lukey straight thru?i no she's not a v8 & will never be but i just wanted a nice ill growl,any suggestions?i no she's not worthdoin a whole exhaust system.

Head_is

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 SV6 Sedan
Just put SS rear mufflers from my old 2010 ss wagon on my new 2011 sv6 and I think it has just a little more sound while revving but barely any more. And it was a straight swap over took me 5 minutes.

ambipure

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 ve 60th anniversary sportwagon
A little more growl than ur wagon?

Atomic G

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ute
2.5" Hurricane Exhaust with Hurricane high flow cats

Last edited by a moderator:

monkeyboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6 SIDI
Don't take this personally Atomic but to my ears that sounds rank. The mic on the camera breaking up doesn't help either. No doubt it sounds much better under driving conditions though, which is what really matters. You should maybe post an in-car clip or a drive-by clip if you have one.

Like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=fBtgGBv8Kjk#t=4s

or this...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLK3ZOI27P4

If i just add 2 xforce mufflers on back 2 1/4" will it sonud same like i have whole sistem or ?
As i can get stanly steel for 550.

That's basically what I have.

Last edited:

nitro91

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
how do you know if you just have a catback or if you have full headers and cats?
and if 2.5 or 3"?

monkeyboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6 SIDI
If you have headers they will be a different design and most likely, colour than the factory headers. You can get under the car and measure the width of your exhaust. Roll into an exhaust joint, get them to put it up on a hoist and they can tell you what's factory and what's not...they'll do it for free ost likely if they're aren't too busy. If you ring thrm up beforehand they'll know what you want when you get there.

Hopefully that helps.