Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The OFFICIAL VE ALLOYTEC V6 SUPER MASSIVE FUN HAPPY TIME exhaust thread!!!!!!!11!!!!

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Had some high flow cats and half the system (cats to post mid muffler) taken to 2.5" today. Thanks Glen (Roadway Exhaust - Belconnen) for moving stuff about today...twice :) So sounds nice at idle but now has that nasty **** V6 rasp under the hammer. Low RPM resonance appears unchanged from previous set up. For those that have put cats on their V6 does the rasp mellow a tad as the cats etc carbon up? I ####ing hope so!

burleighboy86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SV6 A6
I rang my local exhaust place this arvo to see if they had any ss quad exhausts laying about the place. I was surprised when he replied with, "we usually just throw them out". I know they are just a stock item, but if he had any around, I'd have bought them.

monkeyboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6 SIDI
I reckon you need headers to get any kind of decent sound out of an alloytech...almost every combination I've heard sound like crap without them.

Calais-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, VE Calais-V Series II
Just had HSV mufflers installed on my v6 calais-v, I personally think it looks a lot better and there is a little more sound but it was mainly for aesthetics.

191kieran191

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 Thunder Ute
if use want a drone fee exhaust get a Manta CatBack 2.5" and a magnaflow xpipe from NAAF and cut the HPipe out of the exhaust and weld the XPIPE in

2012 SV6 SIDI VE Series 2 Thunder Ute

here mine before it broke in sounds better now CBF putting new vid up

Last edited by a moderator:

goldcoastr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve wagon
Has any one out there done custom pipes stainless and hi flow cats from the sidi integrated header ports?

Also those with upgrades hi flow cats above atomic! Is it just the cats u done or u have the sv6 with headers?

I currently have a custom 2 1/2 exhaust with 2 hot dogs and autotechnia staineless cat back exhaust it's nice but I have a full 2 1/2 x force stainless system here which I plan to fit if I supercharge my ve just want to see if any one has done a custom port pipe work for the integrated headers on the new sidi engines with hi flow cats and if so any dyno readings ?

Atomic G

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ute
Has any one out there done custom pipes stainless and hi flow cats from the sidi integrated header ports?

Also those with upgrades hi flow cats above atomic! Is it just the cats u done or u have the sv6 with headers?

I currently have a custom 2 1/2 exhaust with 2 hot dogs and autotechnia staineless cat back exhaust it's nice but I have a full 2 1/2 x force stainless system here which I plan to fit if I supercharge my ve just want to see if any one has done a custom port pipe work for the integrated headers on the new sidi engines with hi flow cats and if so any dyno readings ?

I have a full system. LLT so I do not have integrated ports. Vongy10 done what you're thinking of doing. His cousin done it for him(Toy's Garage in Sydney). He also had mace cams, high flow cats and an Xforce 2.5" exhaust. He was the first with the LFX to do it, never heard what it made though.

goldcoastr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve wagon
X force contacted me back today they have designed a system stainless with hi flows for the v6 sidi engine with integrated headers to connect to there x force or other exhaust joins

They said they r just waiting for the stock to arrive it could be 2 months or less so must be on the boat for. Over sea's

Last edited:

Atomic G

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ute
X force contacted me back today they have designed a system stainless with hi flows for the v6 sidi engine with integrated headers to connect to there x force or other exhaust joins

They said they r just waiting for the stock to arrive it could be 2 months or less so must be on the boat for. Over sea's

All Xforce stuff is made in China.

goldcoastr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve wagon
Yeah that's what I meant they r waiting for the boat with the containers with new stock to arrive

As they said had the design and made it just waiting for them to arrive like 2 months but could be a lot sooner

I was thinking its made in Taiwan but I've never had one of their systems yet to see what it says on the box

Ether way I know a lot v6 users here use them and they should nice never heard problems with them fitting or anything