Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The OFFICIAL VE ALLOYTEC V6 SUPER MASSIVE FUN HAPPY TIME exhaust thread!!!!!!!11!!!!

Blurem

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 VE Series II Commodore
Anyone wanna hook a brother up with a pair of SSV mufflers that'll bolt right up to my sv6 ve II? near sydney, sutherland shire is all good, will pay reasonable amount $$$ thanks :)

magicman88

whah?
Reaction score
Members Ride
ve commodore 2007
Hey guys new guy here. just fitted an afm twin exhaust to my omega.

Sounds good not to loud just a sporty mild note.
Do you need to tune these after fitting the afm twin exhaust or will it tune itself?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
No need for a tune, and it won't "tune" itself. The PCM has various maps to compensate for different driving, it will continually reference and adjust as you drive.

jamieasche5

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 Holden commodore ve SV6
hey guys. Ive been looking into installing some xforce headers and cats to my 2007 sv6. ive already got an xforce catback system installed so this would just add the finishing touch. i was just wondering if i would need o2 sensor extension looms to install these and if so where could i get some

Capsule

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE Omega
hey guys. Ive been looking into installing some xforce headers and cats to my 2007 sv6. ive already got an xforce catback system installed so this would just add the finishing touch. i was just wondering if i would need o2 sensor extension looms to install these and if so where could i get some

If they are about the same length as the Pacemaker ones, probably not, being an Alloytec and not a 3.6 SIDI, but I would double check with them.
On the Pacemakers, the O2 sensors holes are located at the bottom end, so once you have your cats modified to shorten them (stock cats have the O2 sensors on them, top end), they remain roughly at the same place.

magicman88

whah?
Reaction score
Members Ride
ve commodore 2007
My car seems to be running crap since having the exhuast installed. Idle seems to stay at about 550rpm but the cars feels like its vibrating and if i give it the boot and get to 4000rpm it kinda loses power and when i take the foot off sometimes it will stick on 4000rpm for a second or two then drop. Wondering if the guys at the exhaust shop stuffed my o2 sensors could that cause this problem? Few days later i did a days work with them for a trial and they were shonky as hell with thier work so....

Capsule

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE Omega
My car seems to be running crap since having the exhuast installed. Idle seems to stay at about 550rpm but the cars feels like its vibrating and if i give it the boot and get to 4000rpm it kinda loses power and when i take the foot off sometimes it will stick on 4000rpm for a second or two then drop. Wondering if the guys at the exhaust shop stuffed my o2 sensors could that cause this problem? Few days later i did a days work with them for a trial and they were shonky as hell with thier work so....

Taking your foot off would shut the throttle body and almost immediately lower the rpm, even with defective O2 sensors, unless the car is in the middle of a forced gear change. Sounds more like a throttle body issue to me. Btw 550 rpm seems a bit low, it usually sits between 590 and 610 on mine.

Plug a scan tool and check O2 sensors voltage and fuel trims, it will give you a good indication of what's going on. Concentrate on 02 sensor 2 (bank 1 and 2) because this is the only ones that would have been touch when fitting the catback, as the sensors 1 are on the cats and don't need to be taken off, unless you had new cats fitted too.

HTH

langy59

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ 3.6 Alloytec 6 Speed Manual Ute.
Just fitted a genuine stainless V8 VE Clubsport with X FORCE twin rear mufflers to a 2009 VE SV6 and got a very nice sound from it. Almost sounds like a V8. Happy.

Xplaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV
Just fitted a genuine stainless V8 VE Clubsport with X FORCE twin rear mufflers to a 2009 VE SV6 and got a very nice sound from it. Almost sounds like a V8. Happy.
During hi revs to?
My old x-force sounded nice during idle, and slow revs, but once you floor it, it sounded like a jap sports car : L