Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Official VE Commodore FACTS Thread

Mitchell hayward

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais
I heard that the VE commodore will have 205kw on the v6 and 265kw on the ss and 305kw on the clubbie and also it will have a 5 or 6 speed auto (6 on the sv6) and a 6 speed manual on most manuals
(VE should be coming out around august)

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
SlickHolden said:
For 1 his no Aussie. And 2 his heart lies somewhere else and it's not with holden. He is a puppet to GM simple as that. He has had no input into the VE, it was a done deal when he arrived. This guy if left in charge of holden will run them into the ground, He has no real experience like the big German did.
He is running holden because he is a GM man and he bends over for them, just what they like.

ahahahaha I have never read so much crap in a long time. Get something straight - they are *all* GM men. Next, any executive at that level will genuinely do what is best for whatever division they are running. Simple as that.

Now, do you know the guy personally? Have you followed his career or seen his resume to know his experience??? What qualifies you to know better than the selection panel that would have appointed him to the role??? Since you "know' that he will run holden into the ground, you odviously know the correct action to take and therefore maybe you should put your hand up and run the place. I hope you post your resume and relevant experience so that we might forward it to the relevant people.

Reaper

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
all VEs with have stability control. i wonder if there'll be an ESP Off switch? :unsure:

K

Kiwifan

jules said:
all VEs with have stability control. i wonder if there'll be an ESP Off switch? :unsure:
All current vehicles with ESP have off switches. Have to in case you get stuck in the snow/mud want to play etc....

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Kiwifan said:
All current vehicles with ESP have off switches. Have to in case you get stuck in the snow/mud want to play etc....

I've heard that alot of the times cars with ESP cant have it completely switched off despite having a switch...When its switched off it still works to some small extent, is that true?

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
some cars are also calibrated to let the rear end hang out a bit before the ESP cuts in. i believe the XR falcons do this. all in the name of safety of course!

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
i wouldnt expect the ve to be too much different, because when you think about it holden aint goin to release the super ve model with all there technology cause where will they go from there??? there will be minor changes (except for the whole new chassis thing) from the vz and series 2 will get better and so on