Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The old disapearing bolt trick !

gunsmoke

Gunsmoke
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS & VZ Exec
Dont you just love it when you are working on your 6L - V8 and you hear a clink clink clink....You look around and you notice you have dropped a small bolt SOMEWHERE in the engine area.
So , ok just in case it fell behind a moving part you start feeling round for it, but cant find it, so you start pulling bits off everywhere to look for it.....next minute its the end of the day , your skin's all cut up , fingers sore and the engine bay's in bits. Next the Mrs calls you for dinner , so after dinner you go back into the garage and put it all together and decide to start the engine and see what happens. Phew no big noises, bugger the lost bolt Im having a beer. :rofl2:

skappascrap

Herp is for the derp.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VY SV8
e22d0524495d9fc02ac7aa17c01e5af9.jpg

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
If you really want to find it , get a torch , a magnetic pick up tool , and search until your hearts content . I think I've lost enough bolts in the past to build a new Commodore , ;)

gunsmoke

Gunsmoke
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS & VZ Exec
Just 3 beers i think...first one cos i was annoyed, second one cos there was no big bangs and the third one cos i liked the first two. Hahaha.

gunsmoke

Gunsmoke
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS & VZ Exec
If you really want to find it , get a torch , a magnetic pick up tool , and search until your hearts content . I think I've lost enough bolts in the past to build a new Commodore , ;)
>>>>mate I had a good LED torch, a piece of hooked wire and wrists that swivel through 120 degrees to feel my way all over the chassis components and engine parts. Seriously , i searched for a good 4 hours and went over every place a few times...except the place where the bolt was resting i supppose ! Bugger.

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
you taken the bottom engine plate off??? most I drop end up sitting on that :)

gunsmoke

Gunsmoke
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS & VZ Exec
I am guessing you mean the plastic cover that sits from the front bumper to the first front crossmember.....I undid all the bolts/clips but could not work out how it came off fully, but it was loose enough to shake the crap out of it and get my hands up all over it..not there.
I went through a roundabout looking thingo tonight and we both heard a metallic clinking sound, so Im guessing the bolt rolled out from its hiding spot???