Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Clunk felt when I press the brake pedal...

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Thanks for that.

Go 2 x Kelpro mounts heading my way so will swap them out.... soon..

Anyone confirm if the drivers side is any easier / harder? Getting the nearside one off was a pain, but once I remembered to take the bracket off with it then it was a lot easier. Put back together in a 1/4 of the time, but always the case 1st or 2nd time.....
I was referring to the torquemaster mounts @mpower had installed into his vf.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
OK def shelved then... :D
The steering shaft isn’t difficult to undo. It’s literally one 13mm bolt and the shaft slides back off the steering rack.

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
The steering shaft isn’t difficult to undo. It’s literally one 13mm bolt and the shaft slides back off the steering rack.
Yeah tbh my transmission oil and diff oil change should be done before I swap out the mounts. Haven't looked at the plugs since I got it, might have a look...

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
I remember @mpower putting a set of these in his vf couple of yrs ago.
I found the thread & post (59).

still got them installed, very happy.

maybe i am happy because i still have great shocks and springs, and also any suspension part that wears i get replaced.

i really gotta look at the Monaro eh, she's getting a bit rough, but that's the cruddy springs/shock combo (king.monroe of course) the previous owner installed not the still installed (but replaced) factory oil filled engine mounts. At least it looks nice due to the ride height :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Lex

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
I just swapped both sway bars with Kelpro ones. Felt real excited when the end of one felt quite loose compared to the other 3, and how I was gonna tell you it's all sorted, I'm so happy, I love my car... but made absolutely no difference...lol

FIrst press of the brake and boom, clunk! It's really not bad but it's not right and I want it sorted.

Gonna go back thru the thread and see if there's something else to try. Gonna go over all the nuts and bolts in and around the steering / braking areas tomorrow but yeah a lil baffled on this one.

ONLY does it going forward tho. Not intermittent or anything, does it every time, and NEVER when going backwards. Surely that must mean something. If you told me it had a loose brake calliper I'd say "yeah that makes sense", but I tightened everything brake related nut and bolt before I posted this.

:confused:

New sway bars...lol

Screenshot_20230630_175755_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230630_175818_Gallery.jpg