Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The ones that got away= be it sold / wish you hadn't or at the time had coin and wished now should have !!!!

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
20210213_191910_resized.jpg

This one was only a V6 Buick but jee I loved this bus. Went to Adelaide once or twice and carried many loads to my old house when I was building it. Unfortunately it was taken from me, on a slippery wet road, soon after I had 3.45s and the LSD diff overhauled.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Yeah as said at the start , what got me thinking = my brother selling his classics and me thinking/ hoping he doesn't regret.
He came soo close too . How close?
Had decided to use one of those sale houses ( can't remember the name but like Australian Muscle Car Sales ) and had delivered it to them on a Friday and over the weekend he and his missus decided no .
So he rang them back on the Monday and said I've changed my mind.
I'm glad because they have so much history with this MGA including using on their wedding day .
Most of ( I've owned = yeah would love to still own but am happy I did and used ).
The one I owned that I wish to revisit = it was cut short = electrical fault = short = fire/burnt and I wasn't even using ATT , my father was .
A 4 rusty doors( well it only had 2) = 1970 GT 3.0l Capri. Genuine auto I bought with a heap of parts including 2 manual boxes and everything bar clutch /pressure plate and clutch cable to convert to manual = which I did!!!!

So for me it's more about the ones I thought about ( It's for sale =can I afford / could have bought ATT) but didn't= blow the future I'll worry about that = well in the future.
= all around that 2015 time frame =so could not have owned all , but here's 4 in order of
1st MV Agusta 350s
2= Laverda Montjuic 500
3 =HSV VT GTS 220i
4=LJ Torrie GTR with a 202 and triple Webbers
I have over the last few days googled my other =e.g. a Moto Guzzi Galletto = a motor scooter = soo cool/innovative=well if you know what you're looking at!!!

AS an old scooter goes = not cheap but sensibility doesn't always rule.

Cool story ( who knows whether fact).

Back in the 90s Honda who had bought elf Patent= ( Elf Honda 500 GP , Ron Haslem raced in the 80s)= single sided swing arm went to Ducati=Claudio Castiglioni owner ATT = stop making your 916 with the single sided swing arm we own the patent.
To which Claudio went and revealed, then how can you explain this 1948 designed Italian motor scooter with it's single sided swing arm ?.
It's just one of it's innovations

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I had a 68 Capri. It got defected with a long list so I wrecked it. My father made me get rid of it, he didn't want it in the yard. I could have sold it for $20k now, with the Regency defect. It would have passed but it was going to take a keen person with deep pockets to get it where they would pass it. I was just a poor bakers assistant on $5.00 an hour, so I had no hope.

F1Aussie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 COMMODORE
Old man and I bought two XB coupe rolling bodies in the late 90s along with 351 clevo with 4v heads, 9 inch diff and a heap of new panels from rare spares and 280kph speedo. I ended up meeting a girl, got married and then priorities changed, I lost interest and we sold all the parts. If only we had a crystal ball for knowing what those things would fetch now.

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I'm hoping Black Thunder is still going up in value, because I have sunk a bit into it now, and am finding that I still need to sink a fair bit more coin into yet to get it where I will be happy.

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
E49 Charger with big tank in 1983. Perfect paint of course. Seemed like too much money to buy at the time ($7k) and instead bought a shitbox British sports car.
1985, almost bought a great condition LJ GTR XU1, again, nah too much money at $8k.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
I had a 68 Capri. It got defected with a long list so I wrecked it. My father made me get rid of it, he didn't want it in the yard. I could have sold it for $20k now, with the Regency defect. It would have passed but it was going to take a keen person with deep pockets to get it where they would pass it. I was just a poor bakers assistant on $5.00 an hour, so I had no hope.

Bought mine in the mid 90s , soo I was mature enough and they hadn't gone stupid in price .

Looked great diamond white , black bonnet , the GT stripes and super roo stickers.
Looked great!!!

Edit just that dam electrical fault .
Shannons so I did buy the wreck back and seriously thought about getting another but did not commit to that = sold the wreck to Small Fours Wreckers and my Minilite wheels later !!

Last edited:

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
i sold a XYGT Yellow Orche, Black Interior, 4 speed for 12 grand in '88, sold a HX sandman in '91 for 6 grand. Had a Supercharged HQ 4 door stolen from me in '93 a few motor bikes i sold, and i miss them all.

Zachariah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder Ute, MKII LV XR5 TURBO
okay.. I'll bite, during peak Covid and restrictions were all over the place, i was on the market for my next ride. i narrowed it down to 2 cars, the XR5T or the 09 HSV Clubby
- now keep in mind that the market at the time had prices of cars increase dramatically.

This Clubby had
- LS3 engine
- 6 speed manual
- 80,000 genuine kms
- Big heavy cam package and exhaust
- for sale at 28 grand

i was in the process of talking to him and unfortunately he sold it... it was such a good deal, i wanted it. but since it was gone i got a good deal on the XR5T, but i still think of that clubby