Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Queen is dead

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
During the late '80s I worked as a casual truck driver for 12 months before I decided it was a mugs job with absolutely no future of climbing the ladder of success.

Meal breaks ? Nup.
Overtime because you are stuck in traffic and can't get back to the depot on time ? Nup.
Knowing if you are needed, or not, tomorrow ? Nup.
Being paid the correct scheduled hours as per your time sheets ? Nup.
Ability to complain about any of the above ? Nup.

Pricks :mad:

I'm aware back then, the transport industry was shite.....Employers running employees raggid....Since then, there has been some legislation put in place, where employers try that on employees, they end up in deep do do.....

I'm not saying it doesn't still occur, but at least there is some recourse available for people...

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
I don't know how this can even go ahead. Across Australia 1000s of business' are expected to shut. Most garages book out 2-3 weeks ahead. Hairdressers book out six weeks ahead, doctors book out 2-3 weeks ahead. How on Earth do people get these services who are booked in that day? Wait another three weeks until they can get back in? Then there's the 1000's of casual employees who are about to miss out on a days pay.... Far out this was not thought through....
Well it's not as bad as the snap lockdowns we had in Vic... Most of them came with only a few hours notice...

bluehighway

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais International
Close .............. Australia II, 1983, owned by his very good mate Alan Bond, who paid for the whole adventure with money that may not have been his.
The mighty 'winged keel' that forced Dennis Conner back into employment as a Carpet salesperson albeit temporarily after blowing the lead in the decider ...lol

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
They were the people I was referring to though they are not the only ones. My wife worked in aged care. The best they can get is permanent part time. The only time they get paid for a public holiday is if they work it. If a person works Tuesday to Sunday the only days they will get for sure are Good Friday and Easter Sunday. If Christmas day and Boxing day fall on the weekend they don't get it as the two days are mondayised.

My wife has carers 34 hours per week that come to my house.....There have been some workers "moved on" after a shift with the reasoning being, there are no more shifts available for you.....The real reason has been because of either their attitude or they have been a danger to clients....

I think part of the reason they aren't put permanent after 3 months is, it is too hard to get rid of them if problems crop up....Unfortunately, I have seen a few problems crop up, which has resulted in workers finishing up on the spot, even after they have been employed by the company over 6 months....

That being said, yes there are some brilliant ones out there that deserve permanent employment....

I'm unsure how they are paid in relation to overtime, as they don't do overtime with my wife.....Honestly, these sorts of workers, are underpaid for what they actually do......

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
I think Keith was getting confused with Greta T, who sails everywhere and doesn't use aeroplanes (apparently).
Not true. I got mixed up with the boats. Gretel raced in the America cup in 1962 unsuccessfully.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
1663027162169.png

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
I would not like to pay this bill...... In the last week the pom have leased more Satellite, More Transponders on any Satellite to show the Funeral of Queen Elizabeth II

Last edited:

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1