Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Random Thread

JRNZER

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hyundai i30 N-Line
Lol... Tyson v Jake Paul (even though Netflix have given Paul the top billing) will be the biggest farce of this century. I used to love watching boxing, before it was corrupted by Los Vegas & the gambling industry. In a real match, Jake Paul would easily KO an ageing Mike Tyson. Instead, you'll probably see is a split decision giving the fight to Paul. There'll be too much boomer money on Mike that bookies will be salivating over & won't risk.

Isn't it an exhibition match, Not a fight?

Last edited:

OldBomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
at this point that's an assumption, but more than likely. none of Paul's fights have been official WBF, WBA or IBF bouts, which is the only thing i'd call a real boxing fight.

Last edited:

JRNZER

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hyundai i30 N-Line
Screenshot_20240311_155139_Carsales.jpg
Screenshot_20240311_155146_Carsales.jpg

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
I had the first of two shingles vaccinations yesterday. The booster is in 3 months. The nurse did mention that there could be some side effects like aching muscles. Of course that went in one ear and out the other.

I went for two walks each of just over an hour. That is quite normal so it's not like I have just started exercising. My legs are quite sore, could last for a few days so I have read. Then the penny dropped and I remembered what the nurse had told me. Not that is gong to make any difference to what I do. Suck it up princess.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
I have cruise radio on a fair bit now (yeah I feel like I'm 80, but its less talking than FM stations do even on digital.)

anyways - I get to hear a fair amount of ads for funeral homes, and shingles vaccinations. It's probably because I am listening to old farts station, but I don't remember ever hearing so much about shingles until recently. Now it's on radio all of the time, and on social feeds etc. has there been a case rise for shingles? or is it the Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I have cruise radio on a fair bit now (yeah I feel like I'm 80, but its less talking than FM stations do even on digital.)

anyways - I get to hear a fair amount of ads for funeral homes, and shingles vaccinations. It's probably because I am listening to old farts station, but I don't remember ever hearing so much about shingles until recently. Now it's on radio all of the time, and on social feeds etc. has there been a case rise for shingles? or is it the Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon?
Good that you haven’t noticed all those adds for adult diapers :p:p:p

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute

DuckDuckGo says...

"Since 2008, the U.S. Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices has recommended most Americans aged 60 and older get the shingles vaccine. A newer recommendation was issued in 2018 with the licensure of a new vaccine: now most Americans age 50 and older are recommended to get Zoster Vaccine Recombinant, Adjuvanted (trade name Shingrix, manufactured by GSK).
In adults 50-69 years old, Shingrix reduces the risk of shingles by more than 96%. For those 70 and older, the vaccine is 91.3% effective at preventing shingles. It similarly reduces the risk of post-herpetic neuralgia.
The antigen in Shingrix is a surface protein of the varicella zoster virus produced by culturing genetically engineered Chinese hamster ovary cells. Vaccination consists of two doses of vaccine, given at months 0 and 2-6.
The older shingles vaccine is a live, attenuated vaccine. It was licensed in 2006. The generic name of the vaccine is Zoster Vaccine, Live (trade name Zostavax). It is still available, although Shingrix is recommended over Zostavax because of its superior effectiveness and duration of protection."

I would say "follow the money." Who is paying for all the ads? We're getting bombarded here in NZ too. I suspect all paths lead back to GlaxoSmithKline.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
DuckDuckGo says...

"Since 2008, the U.S. Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices has recommended most Americans aged 60 and older get the shingles vaccine. A newer recommendation was issued in 2018 with the licensure of a new vaccine: now most Americans age 50 and older are recommended to get Zoster Vaccine Recombinant, Adjuvanted (trade name Shingrix, manufactured by GSK).
In adults 50-69 years old, Shingrix reduces the risk of shingles by more than 96%. For those 70 and older, the vaccine is 91.3% effective at preventing shingles. It similarly reduces the risk of post-herpetic neuralgia.
The antigen in Shingrix is a surface protein of the varicella zoster virus produced by culturing genetically engineered Chinese hamster ovary cells. Vaccination consists of two doses of vaccine, given at months 0 and 2-6.
The older shingles vaccine is a live, attenuated vaccine. It was licensed in 2006. The generic name of the vaccine is Zoster Vaccine, Live (trade name Zostavax). It is still available, although Shingrix is recommended over Zostavax because of its superior effectiveness and duration of protection."

I would say "follow the money." Who is paying for all the ads? We're getting bombarded here in NZ too. I suspect all paths lead back to GlaxoSmithKline.
cases might not be up, but the marketing budget is. Gotcha.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Good that you haven’t noticed all those adds for adult diapers :p:p:p
haven't heard those ones, maybe that's on another oldies station.

wednesdays I have fresh fm (electronic dance, house etc) and the rest of the week I alt between cruise & fresh. So feels like weird ends of the spectrum sometimes.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I always thought the adverting of medicines was only allowed in the US and NZ?