Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Research and Development Thread!!

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Next on the hot topics, whats happening in 2017?

So... the preliminary list is:
1) Thousands of hours of work on the new program!

2) Re-approaching car import companies to continue developing custom interfaces. This is something I have not discussed previously, but is essentially reverse engineering and designing custom devices which make an imported vehicle work as if it was an Australian vehicle. Example work for this includes developing custom interface which deciphers live messages from the car such as "passenger door open" and converting that to "Driver door open" when the car is converted.

The above is a HUGE time consuming effort which is why it got put on hold.

3) *Sounds trumpets* Smart phone apps. Yes, iphone and android apps are on the hit list after the PC program. I believe I have found a programming interface which allows developing for BOTH systems at once, multiple of the top developed apps have used this system to develop apps fast and easy.

4) The ENVY Pro. (Probably more like 2018)
Before everyone freaks out! No, its not replacing the ENVY cable. Just a version with a few more bells and whistles.
There is already faster processors out there with more abilities and even inbuilt SDCard for data logging.
Hoping for the pro versions to include: Standalone data logging, external analogue reading (wide band ect), GPS, Gyro and universal plug and play addon system.

This is a LONG... LONG time away for the above to even be thought about. It will require hiring experts to get everything to fit in happily so it will be its own crazy project.

Gaiter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder
I think the name of this thread needs changing. Sounds like you don't have any free time on your hands, too busy doing gods work.

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
ALL diagnostics is permanently free, this includes all live data viewing and fault code reading. This is the main part I am working on for now.
A "professional" license can be purchase to allow for programming/advanced features which will include things such as looking up security information, writing keys, linking modules ect. Pretty much anything thats more technical which will take longer for myself to work out. Theses licenses will be subscription, but much cheaper.

And finally, "Workshop/Distributor" license. There is currently only one company that qualifies for this.
It is intended for international distributors to be able to provide the same level of programming as I have. I hope to have a programming distributor in New Zealand, United States and England early on next year. Essentially will allow them to properly reprogram radios, clusters ect in their respective country. :)

Sounds awesome , so pretty much what you can do with a Tech2 etc ? .

nzv8farmer

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 04 VZ
I can't wait to get my hands on one Taz! Sounds like some great progress. Hope Christmas and New Years has been good to you.

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
I can't wait to get my hands on one Taz! Sounds like some great progress. Hope Christmas and New Years has been good to you.
It has been a great xmas and new years. I hope everyone else has had good ones as well!

Back to it starting today. Emails, messages and calls have backed up quite a bit over this period so things will slow down for a while until that has been sorted (Hopefully by end of week! Maybe!).

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
lol backed up emails and calls, so see you again sometime mid june then :p

So still no ETA on the Envy cable itself then :p

If there was only more time in a day ahaha.
I have a few more units which are being sent out shortly to a few more early testers.

Going smoothly so far! Might even be able to get some nice cases in sooner than I thought!

I don't want to put a dead-set time, just because I know myself and will be inevitably delayed from bits and bobs :D

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON