Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF headunit

CrunchGreenGuy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE/VF SV6
hey all, im currently in the market for a vf commo
in regards to such ive noticed the fact that there is no android auto or the wiser in the headunit that it comes with
i want android auto for maps and spotify, but would like to keep the mylink system in the car, can anyone recommend replacement units that keep the original dash
and keep mylink? or is there some way to install android auto in the headunit?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
There’s no cheap & easy way to do it.
You can get replacement units that ditch the standard unit & come with a bezel/fascia so it looks pretty factory, nothing supports all factory features available but I think if you get a spec without HUD then everything fitted can be supported.
The plug-in stuff you can get (which retains the standard system) is pretty crap, they’re really only for displaying your ‘phone screen.

There are quite a few threads in this section of the forum with various answered questions & detailing what some people have done.

CrunchGreenGuy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE/VF SV6
so is there no way to do it without changing the screen? i'd be willing to spend up to around 1000 aud, but i would prefer to keep the factory buttons/dials/facia, my research is indicating something like kayhan audio modules, but they have god awful reviews.
There’s no cheap & easy way to do it.
You can get replacement units that ditch the standard unit & come with a bezel/fascia so it looks pretty factory, nothing supports all factory features available but I think if you get a spec without HUD then everything fitted can be supported.
The plug-in stuff you can get (which retains the standard system) is pretty crap, they’re really only for displaying your ‘phone screen.

There are quite a few threads in this section of the forum with various answered questions & detailing what some people have done.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
if you want to retain the mylink and add android auto then all you can really do is add a middle man box like this

if the kplay module has no android auto wireless option and you wanted to add a form of wireless android auto to that then this module allows you to have it wireless but i dont know if it works with the kplay module but it works will heaps of android auto headunits so i cant see why it wouldnt

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
so is there no way to do it without changing the screen? i'd be willing to spend up to around 1000 aud, but i would prefer to keep the factory buttons/dials/facia, my research is indicating something like kayhan audio modules, but they have god awful reviews.
Yeah I reckon that if you only have a ~$1k budget to fix it, you either don’t VF, or you fit a ‘phone mount & just use the ‘phone directly.
It’ll do hands-free calls & play your music OK.

CrunchGreenGuy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE/VF SV6
Yeah I reckon that for a ~$1k budget to fix it, you either don’t VF or you fit a ‘phone mount & just use the ‘phone directly.
well i would but the damn p plate laws would screw me over if i used a phone mount

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
Last edited:

tommy_z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Director
Talk to Import Road - they will sort you out.
I have their system installed in mine. All MyLink features retained as well as screen. I just switch to Apple CarPlay whenever by switching to AUX. Do a search on YouTube for them, or Envyous Customs for how the product works.
And much better service and reliability than a Keyhan unit.
https://www.importroad.com.au/