Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Research and Development Thread!!

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
Ears must have been ringing! I was almost expecting to see a message from you haha.
Haha i like to check in and i had to buy a new body diagnostic license the other day to fix a problem on my car and it reminding me to post.

Glad to see you finally got the dual OBDII/ALDL in production, last we spoke you were still trying to find a way to realistically get the casings sorted cause 3d printing/china weren't working out to be viable.

I'll have to order one to replace my old ELM327/ALDL cables and my OBDMX as well, one unit instead of 3.

Reactions: Lex

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Haha i like to check in and i had to buy a new body diagnostic license the other day to fix a problem on my car and it reminding me to post.

Glad to see you finally got the dual OBDII/ALDL in production, last we spoke you were still trying to find a way to realistically get the casings sorted cause 3d printing/china weren't working out to be viable.

I'll have to order one to replace my old ELM327/ALDL cables and my OBDMX as well, one unit instead of 3.
The plan is to replace everything I currently do with 1 cable and 2 softwares.
One software is for diagnostics and the other software is for programming/flashing. The whole purpose is so everyone has a tool that can do everything I can do.
I will be curious to see how the community will begin using the software and if itll open a whole new branch of local DIY programmers. Or if its going to be more like forscan where its so cheap that guides are made showing how to enable features and install parts by DIY'ers.

Majority of people no longer have a laptop, so I am likely going to be releasing Android/iOS applications first, and then release PC software afterwards.

Jolls

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute (Jimi Hendrix)
Hi Tazzi

Will the new product will be a bi directional capability so I will be able to link modules, program keys etc?

Cheers n Beers
Jolls

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Not contributing to the thread other than to say, good to see you posting @Tazzl.

You are often referenced and we have needed your knowledge pretty badly at times but we all got through it.

Yeah. Good to see your posts.

You’d be proud of @Jolls work on learning the VZ operating systems to solve some tricky problems on a couple of cars and the way VY and VZ work together.

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Hi Tazzi

Will the new product will be a bi directional capability so I will be able to link modules, program keys etc?

Cheers n Beers
Jolls
It sure will be. The OBDX GT supports J2534 meaning it works with dealership tools. It also supports its own commands so that developers can make programs or add support for them.
My own applications I am creating which will start with targetting the commodores will include programming keys and security linking.

Not contributing to the thread other than to say, good to see you posting @Tazzl.

You are often referenced and we have needed your knowledge pretty badly at times but we all got through it.

Yeah. Good to see your posts.

You’d be proud of @Jolls work on learning the VZ operating systems to solve some tricky problems on a couple of cars and the way VY and VZ work together.

If JC would send me a ping to my emails to indicate I have been tagged/mentioned, I certainly would be more active, otherwise I don't see the messages!

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
It sure will be. The OBDX GT supports J2534 meaning it works with dealership tools. It also supports its own commands so that developers can make programs or add support for them.
My own applications I am creating which will start with targetting the commodores will include programming keys and security linking.

If JC would send me a ping to my emails to indicate I have been tagged/mentioned, I certainly would be more active, otherwise I don't see the messages!
It’s in your settings.

Jolls

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute (Jimi Hendrix)
Great, will support your efforts. I have a Tech 2 and Vident so I am able to do what I need to do. But I will purchase your package when it is complete. Should I consider buying the OBDX GT now or wait and buy the package when it is complete. If I do buy it now what benefits will I get over what I already have?
Cheers n Beers
Jolls

Reactions: Lex

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Will this new unit do ABS cycling to bleed brake systems?

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
It’s in your settings.
I’m either blind or it’s not there.

Great, will support your efforts. I have a Tech 2 and Vident so I am able to do what I need to do. But I will purchase your package when it is complete. Should I consider buying the OBDX GT now or wait and buy the package when it is complete. If I do buy it now what benefits will I get over what I already have?
Cheers n Beers
Jolls
That’s a pretty broad question. If you only care to do diagnostics then your tech2 has you covered.
Once I release the programming application, you can make the judgement for your self to see if there’s any options there that are of interest since majority are things a tech2 cannot do.
Will this new unit do ABS cycling to bleed brake systems?
eventually it will have that option.

My main task currently is ensuring the application is smooth, expandable and easy to use so that I can build on it easily over time.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Cool as that is one thing I really want.