Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Thermo Fans for Vl Turbo

Sik_Cordz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk 5LTR
hey guys can someone explain if there is any benefits from using a pair of thermo fans from the normal clutch fan

and what thermos fans fit up with minimal mods; au el etc

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
mate go the single 16" one with a Davies Craig thermo switch to control it..

Lazza78 has this on his VLCT. More engine response as its not dragging a fan (His clutch was stuffed) and keeps it cool as

there is some mods to do to the fan shroud but not as much as installing twin au thermos etc etc

Last edited:

Lazza78

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HBD LS1, VL calais project
as nath said... i fitted a 16in fan to my calais about 6 weeks ago, my old fan was locked solid and could not even turn it by hand in the end...

depends on ya cooler piping but if u have a standard inlet and ur cooler piping runs in front of the radiator twin fans is a no-go...

with the single 16in and only used the top half of the fan shroud and i also used the davies craig thermo control switch with it, takes a bit of muckin about to get the fan to cut in when u want it too but all up, took me 2 hrs from start to finish(fitting fan, wiring controller and setting the controller up)

hope this helps mate, any Q's send me a pm..

Larry