Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

They Took It !!!!!!

Butso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP
dude hit us up with some specs of ur car, pics, security features etc so i know where NOT to go !

i left my car at Punchbowl at a mates place for like 3 hours icome back and im missing a nut and 3 screws are loose, lucky i had those lock nuts !

pro_gmh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
I couldnt imagine what it would be like to have my car stolen... i reckon i would ask everyone to stop playin a prank on me, then i would cry :D

Lexx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II S/C S
Bloody thieves are getting more intelligent by the day. How hard must it have been to bypass the alarm, disable the immobiliser and drive the car away before anyone got suss??
:cops:​

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
by passing the alarm isnt a hard thing to do, the same for the imobiliser, got a mate who used to pinch cars as a young kid (he only took fords) he showed me how it was done back in the day, he has since been caught, done his time and been re-educated as a normal person, (if there is such a thing) but let me put it this way, all the alarm does, is slows them down a bit, they can still take it

cheers
garth

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
i think its time for us to create our own killswitches. nothing store bought. maybe some hidden switch for the fuel pump or something.

pro_gmh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
Well i had a kill switch turnoff the fuel pump, get 100 meters down the road and conk out lol. done it a few times my self.

Lexx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II S/C S
Garth said:
by passing the alarm isnt a hard thing to do, the same for the imobiliser, got a mate who used to pinch cars as a young kid (he only took fords) he showed me how it was done back in the day, he has since been caught, done his time and been re-educated as a normal person, (if there is such a thing) but let me put it this way, all the alarm does, is slows them down a bit, they can still take it

cheers
garth
There's no such thing as the "perfect" car security system, but the ones I used to install were no push over for thieves. I've seen some alarms that looked like they were fitted by a blind man which makes them easy to defeat. Mine used to get worked into the factory wiring harness and were quite hard to locate. :D
The addition of a $20 DIY kill switch on top of your current car security does work like a charm though. A thief often wont waste time stuffing about trying to start a car if they think they have defeated the alarm when the problem for them is infact your kill switch located elsewhere. Can't spend all night fault finding just to steal a car!!

Lexx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II S/C S
adox said:
Well i had a kill switch turnoff the fuel pump, get 100 meters down the road and conk out lol. done it a few times my self.
lol. been there, done that!!

pro_gmh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
I thought it was funny how they said "So the theif will move onto the next car", dunny y, just funny i guess. An ear piecring alarm would make em piss off outa the area!

500 posts baby!