Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things That Leave you Gobsmacked (In A Good Way)

Baldoldfart

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
100000 litre is huge.
How much area does that take up?
About 10 metres diameter and 2.5 high, normally filled by middle of May and through the summer only goes down to about half. Annual average rainfall here about 650mm.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I thought my calculator was telling me lies because I couldn't get 100,000liters either.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Back on thread topic (sorry Fu!)

Got praise for turning around a piece of work quickly and to a higher standard than expected.

It’s like they don’t even know who I am :p

But seriously I think we often take people and work they do for granted and it’s nice to get a little ‘good work’ bit of praise.

I will pay it forward this week to someone who helps me. Warm fuzzies for all!!

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I thought my calculator was telling me lies because I couldn't get 100,000liters either.
I am gobsmacked in a good way that your calculations were correct. Good work.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride

Got praise for turning around a piece of work quickly and to a higher standard than expected.

But seriously I think we often take people and work they do for granted and it’s nice to get a little ‘good work’ bit of praise.

Great work.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Last week we got our money back on the Santa Fe we bought. It was MIA for a total of 8months (more if you count other repair visits) and still didn’t drive right. I won’t go into boring details.

A few people were super helpful to us achieving that goal. @Skylarking and WA Dept of Consumer Affairs. We were always factual and not focused on nit picking. My wife has long been reading Hyundai Facebook groups and learning a lot from the experiences of others and how best to approach the problem. (ie: what to say and how to say it)
@losh1971 got on the blower to the big fella up stairs for us as well.

It was an extremely stressful process. Something we need to manage at the best of times. The car wasn’t ideal and our son may have a failing kidney so we are a bit pressed to have a new car do new car things (like be reliable) to get to the correct hospital. (Ambulance will take to nearest hospital, not the one we need).

So then we need a new car again. A long wait everywhere. Toyota Kluger the longest. We tried dealer and bingo. Someone had cancelled an order and it was on the ship already on its way. It was exactly the specs and colour we wanted.

Then a friend popped over. She had a spare car we can use for as long as we need!! How good is that?!

We got all our money back. We got a new car on the way. We have a car to get the little man around.

I’m gobsmacked in a good way.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Last week we got our money back on the Santa Fe we bought. It was MIA for a total of 8months (more if you count other repair visits) and still didn’t drive right. I won’t go into boring details.

A few people were super helpful to us achieving that goal. @Skylarking and WA Dept of Consumer Affairs. We were always factual and not focused on nit picking. My wife has long been reading Hyundai Facebook groups and learning a lot from the experiences of others and how best to approach the problem. (ie: what to say and how to say it)
@losh1971 got on the blower to the big fella up stairs for us as well.

It was an extremely stressful process. Something we need to manage at the best of times. The car wasn’t ideal and our son may have a failing kidney so we are a bit pressed to have a new car do new car things (like be reliable) to get to the correct hospital. (Ambulance will take to nearest hospital, not the one we need).

So then we need a new car again. A long wait everywhere. Toyota Kluger the longest. We tried dealer and bingo. Someone had cancelled an order and it was on the ship already on its way. It was exactly the specs and colour we wanted.

Then a friend popped over. She had a spare car we can use for as long as we need!! How good is that?!

We got all our money back. We got a new car on the way. We have a car to get the little man around.

I’m gobsmacked in a good way.

Fingers and toes are crossed, your little man gets that kidney issue sorted sooner rather than later.....No child needs to go through those things.....My thoughts are with you

The car issue, glad everything panned out for the best....

Upwards and onwards

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6

Anyone actually doing their job right leaves me gobsmacked these days.

Baldoldfart

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
My calculator tells me that is around 200,000 litres.
It was only a guess in size, it does take up some room but the Homeshed yard is a Ha. That's 10,000 sq or 2.471 acres metres to all you non metricated men ;) try 4250 radius and 1800 high