Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
IIRC you have to reregister every few (2?)years though I’m not sure what other data like name, address, etc) is kept against your DNC number (and thus could be made available to businesses via the register) :rolleyes:

Regardless, churches, fund raising charities and political parties are all exempt from not calling DNC numbers so the DNC register database is their call list :mad:

And for those other businesses that aren’t exempt, can’t they get a copy of the do not call register and run comparisons against later versions? Any number that has dropped off the later list (as evident from being on an earlier list) is now good for being called… In that context the DNC register can become the call register after a little processing…

Never gotten calls from charities/churches or political parties...Just electricity co's and the usual scammers from the ATO/the feds and alikes...

Never really went into the Don't call register...I thought it fizzled out or maybe it's not advertised much these days, like it was when it first came out

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
That register only works on legit businesses. No power over the scammers.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
yea they just use random mobile/internet numbers so u cant do anything about them

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Exactly, even if they got caught it's not like they are a legit business that could be fined.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VT s2 Exec, VX Calais II L67
NZTA and the Auckland Transport .

Easter weekend are some of the busiest days on our roads. Yesterday afternoon at Puhoi, a section of road that is already notorious for causing traffic jams NZTA had that section down to a single lane been operated by a stop/go worker. WTF!

The at a motorway on ramp traffic control vehicles were busy taking on road cones and signage at 4pm holding up traffic, blocking the road etc. How ******* hard is it for managers to ensure this stuff is done before peak traffic so as to no hold people up unnecessarily?

OldBomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
you've never used the Westgate Bridge in Melbourne, I take it? it's the only major artery out of the city to reach the Western suburbs & one of the largest industrial areas, but vicroads will decide peak hour is a good time to close off all but 1 lane

OldBomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
down to about 1 scam call a week. i'm telling you, hanging up while they're talking, works.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6

Easter weekend are some of the busiest days on our roads. Yesterday afternoon at Puhoi, a section of road that is already notorious for causing traffic jams NZTA had that section down to a single lane been operated by a stop/go worker. WTF!

The at a motorway on ramp traffic control vehicles were busy taking on road cones and signage at 4pm holding up traffic, blocking the road etc. How ******* hard is it for managers to ensure this stuff is done before peak traffic so as to no hold people up unnecessarily?

No fcuks given.

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon

Fark. This section has been a problem since I was a boy.
Also the Southern Motorway off/on ramp to the Coromandels was always chaotic at Easter.