Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I arrange flowers and crochet baby clothes and wear frilly petticoats and……
I cut down trees. I wear high heels,
Suspenders, and a bra.
I wish I'd been a girlie,
Just like my dear Papa.

He's a lumberjack, and he's okaaaaay.
He sleeps all night and he works all day.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
If it was you that answered, at least you would agree on a whole range of subjects. :) But I wouldn't bin my phone in frustration.

However, the number of spoofed telephone numbers for scammers and telemarketers is getting ridiculous.
So somebody using your phone number is not beyond a possibility.

I get at least one call a day from 03 8372 xxxx to my mobile, the last 4 numbers vary. Each one gets blocked, but I know that particular number is highly unlikely to ring again.
I think it is strange that I get landline calls to my mobile, and mobile calls to my landline.

That number that is ringing you is about your electricity....

Got a call from them yesterday and told them I was off the grid...Soon hung up

Time before that I asked if they liked sex with the light on or off....Hung up on me with that too, which was quite disappointing

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Tomorrow I'll be fixing a puncture & changing the oil on dad's car. Fortunately it's an older Toyota & doesn't require any special tool
Only the one that's fixing the car:)

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Thought that may have been it. I goggled reverse number a few times and found the comments to be along that line. PITA.
You would assume that they would get the message.

While on the subject of electricity :mad: .......... my provider kindly advised me at the beginning of December '22 that my plan was to be discontinued, along with the 19% discount, and that I would be transferred automatically to a new plan ........ for my convenience, to save me time in comparing, applying, etc.
Did my own looking, etc ........ and all the providers plans looked the same as choosing eggs at the supermarket ......, different packaging, same eggs.
The new plan came on start of January, with my "benefit period " being for 12 months.
Come February, and I am advised that the charges are to be increased, again, from 01 March. Geez .............that 12 months certainly flew past quick.
As we have planet saving panels on the roof, we don't use any electrons during the day
End result, I am paying about 25% more than I was 6 months ago. o_O

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Thought that may have been it. I goggled reverse number a few times and found the comments to be along that line. PITA.
You would assume that they would get the message.

While on the subject of electricity :mad: .......... my provider kindly advised me at the beginning of December '22 that my plan was to be discontinued, along with the 19% discount, and that I would be transferred automatically to a new plan ........ for my convenience, to save me time in comparing, applying, etc.
Did my own looking, etc ........ and all the providers plans looked the same as choosing eggs at the supermarket ......, different packaging, same eggs.
The new plan came on start of January, with my "benefit period " being for 12 months.
Come February, and I am advised that the charges are to be increased, again, from 01 March. Geez .............that 12 months certainly flew past quick.
As we have planet saving panels on the roof, we don't use any electrons during the day
End result, I am paying about 25% more than I was 6 months ago. o_O
Yep - I finally went over $1000 for a quarter with the new charges.
Upon inspection of the bill, I saw that it was actually for 100 days, due to a "technical" error. Happy days. Thus it was "only" $920 for a quarter. Probably due to the solar pump running so much heating the pool with the weak sunlight we've had this summer and the clothes dryer being used so much, again a weak summer.
Add in a partner who feels hot (temperature wise, not the other) since she got older, requiring lots of aircon.
Previous quarter was "only" $700.
If only a solar system with battery gave a good payback.... Nek minnit, with the new charges we're now getting closer than we ever were.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline

Got a call from them yesterday and told them I was off the grid...Soon hung up

Time before that I asked if they liked sex with the light on or off....Hung up on me with that too, which was quite disappointing
Why do they bother ringing then?