Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Shopping around for new electricity providers makes me want to cry.

For those that aren't aware, South Australia even though we have the most renewables in all of Australia, has the highest electricity prices in the western world (a trophy we've unfortunately held for about 15-20 years now since our energy infrastructure was sold off to China).

This is the cheapest I can get in my postcode.
GN0Zz5v.png

On top of a $1.20-1.30 a day supply charge that adds up quickly.

Even with a 8kw solar system, I'm still getting $350-450 a quarter bills....... (and thats with gas hot water/oven/stove)

Pre-solar my electricity bills used to be around $1100 a quarter.

A battery is starting to look better and better in terms of ROI now.

Last edited:

sire01TMK

Reaction score
Members Ride
84 VK 308
When you get w@nkers that turn first and then indicate or don't indicate at all! What the f@#k is so hard about flicking the indicator stalk with your fingers especially when your hand/hands are already on the steering wheel?! Or when you get dumbarse's that do 40km/h in a school zone out of the specified times (between 7am - 5pm in the NT) or on weekends!! :mad:
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak

For those that aren't aware, South Australia even though we have the most renewables in all of Australia, has the highest electricity prices in the western world (a trophy we've unfortunately held for about 15 years now), however this may have changed in recent months with the middle east and ukraine situations.

GN0Zz5v.png

Even with a 8kw solar system, I'm still getting $350-450 a quarter bills.......

its mental.

My mate bought a house with a battery, after the welcome credits for signing up to a provider he finally got a bill about a year later.
and his battery was recently identified as one with a recall, so they have to replace it, meaning the 7yr old battery he has gets replaced witha newer, slightly bigger one, and warranty starts again. Lucky bastard.

A couple of houses ago we had bills of $2200-$2500 a quarter. Insanity. We have a decent amount of solar here but still in the $300-$400 club.

OldBomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
don't get me started on roundabouts. giving way to cars on your right is NOT a road rule, in all circumstances. you should stop, then give way to ANY vehicle that has entered the intersection. ideally, trafic should flow in an even pattern, 1 car at a time from each juncture/entry point.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
its mental.

My mate bought a house with a battery, after the welcome credits for signing up to a provider he finally got a bill about a year later.
and his battery was recently identified as one with a recall, so they have to replace it, meaning the 7yr old battery he has gets replaced witha newer, slightly bigger one, and warranty starts again. Lucky bastard.

A couple of houses ago we had bills of $2200-$2500 a quarter. Insanity. We have a decent amount of solar here but still in the $300-$400 club.
It's so frustrating, you try to do the right thing and get your house setup with solar etc, to feel like your still being extorted just as badly.

My family in QLD pays like 28-30c pkwh and they consider that expensive, they get like $280-320 per quarter bills with no solar.

OldBomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
double lane roundabouts are the worst. idiots on your left seem to think it's their right to go even though you're smack bang in the middle & indicating to get into the left most lane

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6

For those that aren't aware, South Australia even though we have the most renewables in all of Australia, has the highest electricity prices in the western world (a trophy we've unfortunately held for about 15-20 years now since our energy infrastructure was sold off to China).

GN0Zz5v.png

Even with a 8kw solar system, I'm still getting $350-450 a quarter bills....... (and thats with gas hot water/oven/stove)

How is this so when I see many commenters elsewhere denying this is the situation and that renewables are the cheapest form of energy.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
How is this so when I see many commenters elsewhere denying this is the situation and that renewables are the cheapest form of energy.
I'm not for or against it, I have no real argument there.

I just want bills in line with the rest of the country......I suspect it's more political than logistical. Big Gas/Coal are not happy about renewables so I suspect they are trying to do everything to screw the market.

That being said, we were still the highest in the world before we had any renewables, so nothing has seemed to change as a result of this.

The cracks started to show from the moment we privatised our energy sector in this state and basically deregulated everything so they held all the cards and we had no power (pardon the pun) as the consumer/tax payers.

Last edited:

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
don't get me started on roundabouts. giving way to cars on your right is NOT a road rule, in all circumstances. you should stop, then give way to ANY vehicle that has entered the intersection. ideally, trafic should flow in an even pattern, 1 car at a time from each juncture/entry point.
People who stop at give way situations are the ******* worst.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
People who stop at give way situations are the ******* worst.
Lol. Yup.

Exactly what I was going to say.

I'm sure oldbomb would avail us with some anecdote about his elderly parents and how it's unjust and unfair that they have to wait for a gap in traffic.

That would be if he wasn't scared of an opposing viewpoint.

Last edited: