Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Think we pay 36c-38c per kwh and the daily charge is around $3.50. Two winter bills for us is usually around $1200. I currently pay $110 a fortnight, which covers our usage and about $5 towards our debt.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
It's so frustrating, you try to do the right thing and get your house setup with solar etc, to feel like your still being extorted just as badly.

My family in QLD pays like 28-30c pkwh and they consider that expensive, they get like $280-320 per quarter bills with no solar.
Our last electricity bill for the quarter was $125.00 .. That's without solar. but admittedly we get a pensioner discount.

Reactions: Lex

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
The con job that solar is cheaper is achieved by artificially increasing the price of electricity produced from the unfavourable fuels that we’ve burnt all my life. The artificial increase is in part to support the premature closure of these unfavourable plants and the roll out of the shiny new environmentally good generating plants…

Sad thing is all state and federal governments ignored pleas for help by the inventor of a better solar cell as quite some years ago he wanted to build a solar manufacturing plant down under. Just rejection after rejection because our govco is so forward thinking… Instead China gave him all the support he could want and he’s one of the richest in China.

Now, after the horse has bolted our idiots in charge want to bring solar manufacturing plants down under at huge tax payer cost.… Seems we’ve got the best idiot pollies in the world :oops:

Sadly, we‘ll all become the mice in the green washing wheel, supposedly just to save the environment while the wealthy still fly in their private planes all over the globe… feel like a post monkey digested coffee this morning, James bring out the jet :rolleyes:

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
Shopping around for new electricity providers makes me want to cry.

For those that aren't aware, South Australia even though we have the most renewables in all of Australia, has the highest electricity prices in the western world (a trophy we've unfortunately held for about 15-20 years now since our energy infrastructure was sold off to China).

This is the cheapest I can get in my postcode.
GN0Zz5v.png

On top of a $1.20-1.30 a day supply charge that adds up quickly.

Even with a 8kw solar system, I'm still getting $350-450 a quarter bills....... (and thats with gas hot water/oven/stove)

Pre-solar my electricity bills used to be around $1100 a quarter.

A battery is starting to look better and better in terms of ROI now.

Wow, it is expensive in SA. I do recall seeing a relatives bill as they asked me for some advice on better utilising their PV. I‘m not sure why it is so expensive in SA. Privatisation is probably a part of it.

Interestingly, if anyone is curious as to the impact of renewables on the wholesale electricity prices, an easy way is to have a look at the Feed-in-tariff (FiT) in Victoria. In Victoria, the FiT is set (once a year?) by the state government, and it is based upon the actual real wholesale price of electricity in the state. My understanding is that the price is set (and matched) to the wholesale prices so that the retailers aren’t disadvantaged by having to buy PV from domestic households compared to the traditional generators.

The trend has been down, down, down. 10.2c/kWh in 2022-22, to 6.7c/kWh in 2022-23, and then down again to the current 2023-24 rate of 4.9c/kWh. iirc, it was something like 15~16 c/kWh a year or so before 2022.

So, retailers are buying electricity (in Victoria) for 4.9c/kWh, so whatever tariff we are paying is makeup on that figure. So, the difference is going to operating costs and profits.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Seems we’ve got the best idiot pollies in the world :oops:
Yes, doesn't matter what decade it is, even though sometimes the polies change, nothing really changes?
Sh#t decisions!

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Merge like a zip..... nope, someone has to race as far as possible to get 3 cars ahead (and force everyone else to slam on the brakes).

I remember not long ago we were stuck in traffic due to road works and some self entitled people decided it was ok for them to race up the emergency stop lane on the side of the motorway, this pissed off other motorists who then moved over to block the stop lane including a 18 wheeler. It was funny to see those self entitled fuckwits get really pissed off. There was one in a blacked out Range rover on big wheels, some time later he tried it on with me so I straddled 2 lanes when we came to the merge (at the road works) to stop him racing up the side. Most fucked off he was. I played with him until I reached my off-ramp a fair few KM's up the road. :)

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Merge like a zip..... nope, someone has to race as far as possible to get 3 cars ahead (and force everyone else to slam on the brakes).

I remember not long ago we were stuck in traffic due to road works and some self entitled people decided it was ok for them to race up the emergency stop lane on the side of the motorway, this pissed off other motorists who then moved over to block the stop lane including a 18 wheeler. It was funny to see those self entitled fuckwits get really pissed off. There was one in a blacked out Range rover on big wheels, some time later he tried it on with me so I straddled 2 lanes when we came to the merge (at the road works) to stop him racing up the side. Most fucked off he was. I played with him until I reached my off-ramp a fair few KM's up the road. :)
On a bike it's good because you can ride up the middle of two lanes and get to the front of the line. It's not always possible and depends on the gap in the two lanes. I've done it a few times here but quite often the lights change quite quick and there is not enough time to slip through before traffic starts moving. Works well though if the lights have just changed and there is a fair queue. If the queue is just three or four cars then I don't bother most of the time. It probably pisses off other road users when bikes do it as everyone wants to be first off the line.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Ahh, lane splitting. I hate that ****. It's fine when traffic is moving slow but at 100km/h it's just dangerous. Had a close call with a fuckwit on a Harley doing that a few weeks ago, just missed up, caught me totally by surprise as well as the missus who actually ducked inside the car as she thought it was going to turn pear shaped in a hurry. No doubt a gang member of some description, I won't be surprised if he ends up under a car one day....