Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
I would change that to you might be getting recorded. And if caught, or suspected of shoplifting, they go to the video ref, so to speak.

You can't tell me someone is sitting there watching CCTV screens round the clock. Combined with the fact that a lot of those domes don't even have cameras in them.

They might not be watching it around the clock, but it gets recorded around the clock. Furthermore most CCTV systems these days record the footage onto a HDD, where it can be held for a month, if not longer. Going to the footage at any point in time that has been recorded is just as easy as skipping to certain parts of a DVD.

Also, most CCTV domes out there do actually have real cameras in them. Especially ones owned by big companies such as Woolworths. They have the money, so why wouldn't they spend the extra and get more real cameras?

Hangman

Aspiring Sociopath
Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Land Yacht
They might not be watching it around the clock, but it gets recorded around the clock. Furthermore most CCTV systems these days record the footage onto a HDD, where it can be held for a month, if not longer. Going to the footage at any point in time that has been recorded is just as easy as skipping to certain parts of a DVD.

As I said, if they have a reason to, they can check the footage that's been recorded.

Also, most CCTV domes out there do actually have real cameras in them. Especially ones owned by big companies such as Woolworths. They have the money, so why wouldn't they spend the extra and get more real cameras?

Yeah big places may have more now days, it's been a while since I've taken much notice of them to be honest. But the more money a big company has, generally the less they like spending it, so I wouldn't assume being able to afford them as a reason for having them.

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
Our security cameras at work can keep the data for around 1 - 1.5 months, then it's over written. They record 24/7, and this guy had poured some whiskey into his coke can on xmas day & got ratted out, so the big boss checked the cameras & watched him pouring it.

I once ate **** while pushing a trolley into the store room, next minute the phone rings and my mate said he was watching the cameras and saw me stack it, so there's a 50/50 chance that someone is taking a peek at the cameras in shops

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 NT Pajero Exceed, 1984 VK SL
I would change that to you might be getting recorded. And if caught, or suspected of shoplifting, they go to the video ref, so to speak.

You can't tell me someone is sitting there watching CCTV screens round the clock. Combined with the fact that a lot of those domes don't even have cameras in them.

I manage a monitoring centre and we have over 800 cameras feeding live footage back to us that is recorded for a minimum of 30 days, and up to 90 depending on movement. we cant monitor all cameras all the time, and they are mainly there for investigative purposes after an incident, however the amount of times we happen to witness something live as the cameras rotate through various layouts is surprisingly frequent. there's not much point installing a fake dome; murphy's law dictates that as soon as you do, something will happen and you'll wish you had a real camera installed.

we also have a large number of video files of hilarious shenanigans which have happened over the years

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 NT Pajero Exceed, 1984 VK SL
I heard the youtube section is itching for some new material :p

hahaha if only i could... we have a large number of people that have driven through roller shutters, slipped over, walked face first into doors (one guy was checking out a hot chick and walked into a glass door, splitting his nose open and breaking his glasses), trying to beat a roller shutter and getting knocked off their bike, scraping against other cars while trying to park, saucy business (not always with a guy and a girl), theft. even have a bunch of footage of a guy who owns an MG roadster which could fit between the boom gates in the car park so he parked for free for almost a year, cheeky bugger!

EmKa

Cupcake
Reaction score
Members Ride
El Falcon Futura S (shhhhh)
I've been to the wreckers 4 times today and still haven't remembered to ask how much a series 2 3800 engine is at the moment. That pisses me off.

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
I do State road side rescue when Im rostered for it.

Driving 22km's on a Sunday to unlock someones Holden astra only to get there and find the customer walk up to me and say " aw nah she is all sused mate, a AA guy was here for another job and unlocked it for us"

All I muttered was "what a c##t" and left.

Now I dont really mind too much because I get paid anyway. And it doesn't bother me in the slightest when Joe blog unlocks it with a coat hanger before I get there, But AA stealing States Job?? Ain't be nobody steppin on my turf man. Besides what I dont understand why the AA guy would unlock the car, I have the information saying who the owner of the car is, seems like any bunny can ask the AA man to unlock any car lol.

Plus its feels boss unlocking someones car without the key :cool: