Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Power prices in QLD are going up again while prices in other states are going down.
One of the reasons is because of the demand on power during warmer months puts strain on the system.
So the power price help from state and federal govts won't go as far as people originally thought it would.
Same thing happened last time they gave power bill relief.

The QLD treasurer was on TV saying that renewables will bring the price down, Which he has been saying for a long tim, Just wouldn't say when it will happen
Our latest bill was $215 for 3 months. That is the lowest it's been for a while though not by much.

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Our latest bill was $215 for 3 months. That is the lowest it's been for a while though not by much.
DSCN1167.JPG

VSYoot

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute/VP Berlina. Caring for a 597kW VE SS
Petrol is the cheapest it's been for quite a while. 98 is $2.00 and 91 is $1.78. That's at Ampol Yamanto. Costco is $1.98 for 98.
Wow, I think I paid 2.07 yesterday when I filled the SS.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Wow, I think I paid 2.07 yesterday when I filled the SS.
It's come down here too. $2.25 for 98, a week or so ago it was $2.29.

VSYoot

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute/VP Berlina. Caring for a 597kW VE SS
It's come down here too. $2.25 for 98, a week or so ago it was $2.29.
It's not cheap at any rate for me as I have to drive 35km to get it :rolleyes:

Should probably start using my fuel drum to top it up when I am in town for work haha.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Got a water bill yesterday for a block of land that doesn't even have water connected to it....

To top it off, it's from S.A water with the mailing address for payment being a Vic address...

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
So I got the broken winch out if my camper van. This helped me identify exactly the winch I needed.
Getting into the camper van and removing the winch was somewhat of what of a struggle, because I had to lift the roof a certain amount to enable me to get inside. But I did it:)
I found a company online that claimed to have one in stock, but I needed to know whether they supplied the extended part which has been adapted to go on the drive shaft enabling the winch to be wound up and down with the extended handle at the outside rear of the van.
So I sent them an email with the picture below, asking the question. One day went by with no response. I then phoned the Adelaide number supplied on their website only to be told I needed to email their sales supply department, so I did. Another day went by without any response, so I phoned again to be told I should email again, so once again I did. No response.
P1ssed off by this time, I emailed the manufacturer of the winch in the US asking the same questions. They emailed me back within a couple of hours with the specifications and part number of the part I was asking about.
I've ordered the winch and the extended part and the handle, which cost me about 175 US dollars, plus postage of 140 US dollars, which all added up to $470 Australian!
If only the Australian company could have answered a simple email, which I'm still waiting for by the way, then the business would have been done in Australia.

Yeah, that pi553s me off!
Got my new winch this morning, 7 days after ordering it from the USA. Big thumbs up to the manufacturer. They supplied the winch and the adapter for use on my camper. Basically, it took 8 days from when I asked the question about the adapter for them to reply, and for me to order it and it arriving this morning. Yes, it did cost me a premium for postage, but hey, I'm still waiting for the Adelaide supplier to get back to me. It’s been two weeks now since I contacted them several times. Still nothing. F@#king useless!

Attachments

• IMG_0320.jpeg
    IMG_0320.jpeg
    176.6 KB · Views: 27

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
When you put the bins out and there’s heaps of room in there. So you go looking for stuff to chuck out that takes up a bit of space.

Then forget to put the rubbish and recycling out from inside and get stuck with extra to put into the now empty bins!

The truck was even late today and I still missed that I hadn’t emptied the kitchen bin.

…until dinner time