Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Nothing to loose pulling the old remote apart as it’s useless as is ;)

Take some sticky tape and roll a section on itself with the sticky stuff facing outwards, stick it to the table and put the small screw on the top surface… shouldn't loose it that way :cool:

If your eyesight it like mine, some good reading glasses should also make the job easier :rolleyes:

Black remote, recessed tiny black grub screw and half blind old bastard I am, even with my glasses....

Might attempt it one day...Thanks for the advise anyway....Appreciated

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Bloody new-fangled supermarket paper bags . :mad:
Years ago, get rid of paper bags, because the trees, the trees will never grow again. Replace them with plastic bags. :)
Get rid of single use plastic bags, because the oil, the pollution, the turtles. Replace them with re-usable plastic bags . :(
Get rid of re-usable plastic bags (made in Indonesia) because the planet, climate change, vegans, political correctness. :confused:

Now, something with a sharp corner will tear the paper bag, and spread your lunch ingredients on the ground in the carpark.
What next .................. wire mesh baskets, made from re-cycled Datsuns, costing $10 each, for our convenience.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
some good reading glasses should also make the job easie
I have about 3 to 5 sets of glasses.
1 for looking at my pc monitor (42") another for reading my diary, another for reading books & another 2 pairs out in the garage for whatever.
Thinking of getting another pair for the really small stuff.

I see them as like a tool, correct tool for a particular job. Like you wouldn't use a screw driver when you need a 10 mm socket, would you?
Maybe a large shifter when you need a hammer? kidding! ;) :D

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I'm getting to the stage where I need glasses. I struggle to read sometimes. It's normally worse in the mornings, and even more so if I am really tired from lack of sleep the night before.

OldBomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
if a remote doesn't work as well as it did, there's not much you can do to repair it. the likely culprit is corrosion between contact points somewhere along the curcuit board.

VSYoot

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute/VP Berlina. Caring for a 597kW VE SS
I'm getting to the stage where I need glasses. I struggle to read sometimes. It's normally worse in the mornings, and even more so if I am really tired from lack of sleep the night before.
I got my first set about a week after I turned 40, its like I turned from 39 to 70 haha.

I only use them at work for reading wiring schematics, I can see fine but I cop eye strain and dizzyness after a while

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
if a remote doesn't work as well as it did, there's not much you can do to repair it. the likely culprit is corrosion between contact points somewhere along the curcuit board.
Due to it getting wet?:)