Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Why can't I quote, or open links today, or use smilies ............. Is it me, or the forum ??

"People who piss about at the registers with shopper rewards cards, discount cards, or not being organised."
Do you have a rewards card ? ................ Yes. I will search for it in my purse or my pockets.
Do you have members card ? ................ (Repeat as above.)
Card or cash ? ....................Let me decide, I have $500 in cash, or I can use my card. Which do you prefer.
Whatever you want to use .................... Do I need to remember that number thingy.
You mean the PIN ? No, not for this amount. .................. I will try to find it. Isn't it a nice day, My Grandkids are going to a party this afternoon, It should be lovely with no rain. Well, thank you for putting my shopping in the bag. Thank you. Goodbye.
But you haven't paid for them yet ........................ Oh. Didn't I ? How much is it ? I have $500 cash.

" when we shake the very last drop out of the nozzle when we are filling the car with fuel while the drivers behind us are tapping their fingers on the steering wheel, then we walk to the pay counter and conveniently forget what the pump number was"
You didn't mention making a cup of servo coffee, and perusing the chocky-bar display before fronting up to the pay counter to pay for the diesel in your sootblowing dual cab.

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Why can't I quote, or open links today, or use smilies ............. Is it me, or the forum ??

NFI
"People who piss about at the registers with shopper rewards cards, discount cards, or not being organised."
Do you have a rewards card ? ................ Yes. I will search for it in my purse or my pockets.
Do you have members card ? ................ (Repeat as above.)
Card or cash ? ....................Let me decide, I have $500 in cash, or I can use my card. Which do you prefer.
Whatever you want to use .................... Do I need to remember that number thingy.
You mean the PIN ? No, not for this amount. .................. I will try to find it. Isn't it a nice day, My Grandkids are going to a party this afternoon, It should be lovely with no rain. Well, thank you for putting my shopping in the bag. Thank you. Goodbye.
But you haven't paid for them yet ........................ Oh. Didn't I ? How much is it ? I have $500 cash.
Nah dats not me
" when we shake the very last drop out of the nozzle when we are filling the car with fuel while the drivers behind us are tapping their fingers on the steering wheel, then we walk to the pay counter and conveniently forget what the pump number was"
You didn't mention making a cup of servo coffee, and perusing the chocky-bar display before fronting up to the pay counter to pay for the diesel in your sootblowing dual cab.
Again,, not me cause the coffee is free at HJ's and Maccas if we buy a Toastie or Chicken supreme for about $3.70 and as for chockies, well in all honesty I am sweet enough.:rolleyes:
And again, not me with the dual cab cause I still drive the VZ which just will not die and Swimbo drives an unleaded ASX Bitsamissen.:)

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
People who piss about at the registers with shopper rewards cards, discount cards, or not being organised.
No pissing about here, my rewards cards are all on an app and I use Google wallet these days at checkouts (never use cash). Have my rewards card open and tap while they are scanning then open Google wallet ready to pay.

What I hate though is when I pick a register that has the shortest queue then the person in front needs a price check, starts arguing about discount or realises they can't pay. The other day this stupid old woman (probably younger than me) inserted her card and picked the wrong account so operator had to cancel... stupid bitch did it 3 times in a row!!!! The Operator told her on the 4th go which account and finally we got there!

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
People that don't have their dogs on a lead when walking. I have a reactive husky who is ALWAYS on her lead. This morning, we rounded a corner (we walk along a linear path every day) and coming towards us is a dog off lead. The owner tries to call their dog back and while they often succeed, there are times that the off lead dog will come up to us and start sniffing which sends my dog into overdrive.
This morning the same woman as above came around a corner and was too close for me to take action by moving off the path and create a buffer. Her dog comes over to mine who was lunging forward eagerly however the second they got close my dog reacted by growling which set the other dog off, so there I am trying to drag my dog off while the other woman kept calling her dog pointlessly. She managed to grab her dog's collar while I dragged mine up the path. She said "I am so sorry" I replied "your dog needs to be on a lead at all times". She said "I don't own a lead...."

For context, my dog is very social off the lead, goes to dog daycare and happily plays with all the other dogs but when on a lead she gets cranky. I have been told it's because of the lead, she feels she has no control/escape so reacts accordingly.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VT s2 Exec, VX Calais II L67
That person shouldn't own a dog period!

I do remember many moons ago we were visiting friends in Europe who had a Saint Bernard that was huge, my little brother took him out for a walk with a lead but the owners told him, if he goes, let him go or he'll drag you along for the ride.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah in my experience lots of dogs that are ok off lead are not the same on the lead as yes I believe they can't escape or protect their privates from sniffing as easy if they are not free.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
This morning the same woman as above came around a corner and was too close for me to take action by moving off the path and create a buffer. Her dog comes over to mine who was lunging forward eagerly however the second they got close my dog reacted by growling which set the other dog off, so there I am trying to drag my dog off while the other woman kept calling her dog pointlessly. She managed to grab her dog's collar while I dragged mine up the path. She said "I am so sorry" I replied "your dog needs to be on a lead at all times". She said "I don't own a lead...."

For context, my dog is very social off the lead, goes to dog daycare and happily plays with all the other dogs but when on a lead she gets cranky. I have been told it's because of the lead, she feels she has no control/escape so reacts accordingly.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON

I had a similar incident about ten years ago. I was walking my two dogs, one an Australian Silky with the heart of a lion, the other a Fox Terrier Cross and sh1t scared of her own shadow. Some kind of Bull Terrier off it’s lead comes running towards my two, well little Lion Heart he don't shy away from anything, whilst Chicken Liver wants to run a mile. You get the picture. So I had to take evasive action whilst the owner of Bully was still thinking about it. I punched Bully on the top of his head so hard he yelped and ran back to his dope of an owner, who then dared to question why I punched his dog. Meanwhile, my little fella is going off his chops trying to get at Bully, who by this time is in his dopey owner's arms while poor little Chicken Liver is choking on her lead, trying to escape the mayhem. I told the owner he should have his dog on a lead, and by his attitude, he probably shouldn't have a dog.

He walked off, muttering obscenities, and I got home to soak my throbbing knuckles in a bowl of cold water. Feck, those Bull Terriers have got hard heads!

OldBomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
don't know about Vic, but in WA the owner gets a fine if their dog is not on a leash. not that this deters idiots with aggressive dogs. problem is, people take them to reserves, which aren't really dog parks. you're supposed to take a dog to an animal exercise beach, but of course that isn't always convenient