Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
I'm sure there area lot of aspects that the Police sign up for that they don't like. I'm would doubt that they like attending domestic violence scenes where the wife turns on them. Bet they aren't that fussy about attending road accidents where bits of people are strewn about the place. Being beaten up by members of the public wouldn't be high on their list. Being spat on by the public wouldn't be terribly nice either

All of the above are issues they might well be aware might happen but they don't realise how bad they are until they have to face them. Some will leave because this is not what they signed up for. Others will become inured and accept it is part of the job. However it is not for them to decide what is right or wrong. If people break the law it is their job to do in a professional manner
Fair comment on all of the above. I understand what they are expected to deal with, it’s just that I don’t think they would have thought they’d ever have to deal with such a conflicting state of affairs amongst their own families, friends and colleagues, let alone the members of the public.
I think it’s a bit of a curved ball amongst all those general duties you’ve outlined, and something they may never have expected to have to deal with when they went into the job. It’s a bit sad really, but your right, I guess they do have to uphold the law as it now stands.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Here in NZ there has Been very little enforcement Of the law in regard to covid other than cops at regional borders restricting travel. Arrests and people actually charged with offenses is a joke and The reason we are now in an extended lockdown.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Here in NZ there has Been very little enforcement Of the law in regard to covid other than cops at regional borders restricting travel. Arrests and people actually charged with offenses is a joke and The reason we are now in an extended lockdown.
I believe there is some reluctance by the general boots on the ground coppers and specifically the hierarchy in acting upon these Covid laws.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
I dont Buy it. The law is the law is the law. We dont get to pick and choose which laws we follow and those we dont.

The government of the day Enacts the law, the police enforce It. If the law is questionable It is decided In the courts.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
I dont Buy it. The law is the law is the law.
Okay. So you sign up for a job to uphold the laws of the day, basically those laws are to protect people and their property from the criminal element in society, as a Police Officer you have a clear understanding of who the bad guys are, and you want to stop them hurting your families, friends and the general public. But in the last twenty months or so we have been hit by a global pandemic that has unfortunately seen laws put in place which puts all Police Forces around the world not just Australia in a situation where they are now having to enforce those laws upon their own families and friends and I’m sure work colleagues.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
It’s just not so black and white as you suggest. My opinion.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Some people see it that way. Is the Stanley Milgram experiment. When the Germans that operated the gas chambers, good honest people, when asked why they did it if it goes against their believes, their response was... "Just following orders". Same sitiation here. Pick any cop that hurt, gassed, arrested, etc... their response is the same, "Just following orders". They do not feel guilty because is not their call. In the experiment, when the Oppressor (in this case) was given a choice, their response was always the most benevolent. Now, you want some real "drones", hire an external force, some that is foreigner to the place, without any sentiment, some in the line like "UN Troops" from another country. The US have done it in the past, they are called "Contractors, Security Advisors, Mercenaries". They are the most viscious, sadists and ruthless people you will ever encounter. Just observe them, the ones in full gear in black, I bet they are not cops. Their tactics are offensive military style and all covered to avoid recognition.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Okay. So you sign up for a job to uphold the laws of the day, basically those laws are to protect people and their property from the criminal element in society, as a Police Officer you have a clear understanding of who the bad guys are, and you want to stop them hurting your families, friends and the general public. But in the last twenty months or so we have been hit by a global pandemic that has unfortunately seen laws put in place which puts all Police Forces around the world not just Australia in a situation where they are now having to enforce those laws upon their own families and friends and I’m sure work colleagues.

I WISH they would do that. Most burglaries don't get solved, cars stolen and not recovered or burnt/damaged. Maybe you could explain to the NZ police that their jobs are?

But they are always around to ticket someone going over the speed limit!

With all these lockdowns crime should be way down (because people should have been at home), burglaries almost non existent (because most houses are occupied 24/7). Seems cops have plenty of time to do other things? Maybe check and see why people are out and about when maybe they shouldn't be?

When Auckland first went to level 3 there were people playing rugby in the park in large groups which was clearly against the rules. Not a man in blue to be seen. There have literally been 1000's of complaints about people breaking lockdown rules and it seem the majority of those are not followed up on.

Maybe I need to re-phrase, I think the NZ police do a bad job regardless and covid has only reinforced that opinion..

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
71 cases yesterday, now 2nd wastewater Covid-19 detection in Te Awamutu. Meanwhile feckle fuckwit media adopts patronising handwringing tone as it misrepresents data about the high number of a racial minority among the latest cases. NO, it's not because of their ethnicity or skin colour, IT'S BECAUSE THEY ARE THE FECKING IDIOTS HAVING THE ILLEGAL GATHERINGS IN THEIR HOMES!

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Some people see it that way. Is the Stanley Milgram experiment. When the Germans that operated the gas chambers, good honest people, when asked why they did it if it goes against their believes, their response was... "Just following orders". Same sitiation here. Pick any cop that hurt, gassed, arrested, etc... their response is the same, "Just following orders". They do not feel guilty because is not their call. In the experiment, when the Oppressor (in this case) was given a choice, their response was always the most benevolent. Now, you want some real "drones", hire an external force, some that is foreigner to the place, without any sentiment, some in the line like "UN Troops" from another country. The US have done it in the past, they are called "Contractors, Security Advisors, Mercenaries". They are the most viscious, sadists and ruthless people you will ever encounter. Just observe them, the ones in full gear in black, I bet they are not cops. Their tactics are offensive military style and all covered to avoid recognition.

YUp, the US does set a great example for that sort of behavior. Contractors on the battle field and 3rd world black sites to conveniently ignore your own laws.

It's really interesting that at Abu Graib a couple of lonely soldiers were convicted of committing crimes against prisoners but the officers who gave those orders walked away Scot free.