Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
I blocked our HP printer from accessing the WWW to prevent it downloading manufacturer automatic updates that are designed to stop the printer working with aftermarket ink tanks.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I blocked our HP printer from accessing the WWW to prevent it downloading manufacturer automatic updates that are designed to stop the printer working with aftermarket ink tanks.
Yeah, HP got in trouble for doing just that in the USA… regulator and class action if I remember correctly…

Down under the regulators are asleep at the wheel and allow manufacturers to remove features post sale :mad:

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Printers all work in similar fashion. What pisses me of, is the way they change shît for the sake of plan obsolence instead of improving a bulletproof design. Also, is almost imposible to canabalize a printer to fix another one, unless is the same type and model; if you got lucky that is not the same fücking part that failed 99% of the time.

I agree with that, they keep contacting the mother ship for crap.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
All well and good if you’re not a dinosaur when it comes to that stuff!

It's all good. First I pulled all the network cabling, then I taught myself how to terminate network cables, bought and figured out how to set up a network switch, bought a fancy router and still trying to learn how to use the many features it has.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I'm sure there area lot of aspects that the Police sign up for that they don't like. I would doubt that they like attending domestic violence scenes where the wife turns on them. Bet they aren't that fussy about attending road accidents where bits of people are strewn about the place. Being beaten up by members of the public wouldn't be high on their list. Being spat on by the public wouldn't be terribly nice either

All of the above are issues they might well be aware might happen but they don't realise how bad they are until they have to face them. Some will leave because this is not what they signed up for. Others will become inured and accept it is part of the job. However it is not for them to decide what is right or wrong. If people break the law it is their job to do in a professional manner

People know exactly what they sign up for when they join NZ's largest/ government sanctioned gang (oops I mean organization).

NZ police, winning the battle of hearts and minds, crime, no so much!

After the protest organized a few weeks ago Tamaki was charged and went to court just this week gone by. I do believe he was specifically warned not to attend another protest by the judge and yet here we are.

Cops standing by at said protest but have done nothing. I mean seriously, if they can't do their ******* jobs why have them at all, I'd rather have my tax dollars back and the right to defend myself and my property.