Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Yeah this pisses me off no end. Those gowns are for those who work their arses off and get a degree. They shouldn't be because you've learnt how to finger paint and eat fruit off a tray.
It’s some fun, you’re overthinking it.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
It’s some fun, you’re overthinking it.
Maybe but I spent six years getting my degree, while I worked 45-50 hours a week to support myself. I'm allowed to think it's stupid that five-year-olds get to cape up when they go from kinda to prep.

To me it's ridiculous. Just like when every child in a race gets the same award so as to not make little Jonny feel like he has missed out because he didn't work as hard as Jack who actually came first because he trained five days a week, where Jonny sat on his arse playing Mario Cart instead of running after school like Jack did.

Getting a degree is extremely hard work. And should be celebrated by those who work their arses off to get one, not a five year old child.

Last edited:

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon

Have you checked those figures, or are you just reposting something that you saw on the internet without checking it’s accuracy?

Fuel excise in Australia is $0.496 per litre, and GST is 10%. I’ll leave you to do the maths, but the numbers in that image are wrong.

However, after checking the above (did I mention that it is wrong btw?), I wondered how it’d compare to an EV.

If I assume that the $67 purchases 33.5 lt of fuel, and it was used in a car averaging 10 lt/100km, that $67 would cover 335 km (but ymmv).

A biggish EV will use 20 kWh/100km, so about 67 kWh to cover 335 km. If you recharged it at home and have PV, you’d be forgoing the FiT of about $0.11 per kWh. So it’d effectively cost you $7.37. If you don’t have PV, you’d be paying about $0.30 per kWh, or about $20.10

But here is the kicker… if you can recharge at home using your own PV, that (forgone) $7.37 is GST and tax free. So, instead of having to earn $100 to cover that 335 km, you simply forgo $7.37 in FiT credits. And as @Paul Smedley has posted, sometimes it is even possible (in SA at least) to get paid to use that electricity, so even cheaper again.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
Maybe but I spent six years getting my degree, while I worked 45-50 hours a week to support myself. I'm allowed to think it's stupid that five-year-olds get to cape up when they go from kinda to prep.

To me it's ridiculous. Just like when every child in a race gets the same award so as to not make little Jonny feel like he has missed out because he didn't work as hard as Jack who actually came first because he trained five days a week, where Jonny sat on his arse playing Mario Cart instead of running after school like Jack did.

Getting a degree is extremely hard work. And should be celebrated by those who work their arses off to get one, not a five year old child.

I wouldn’t stress over it. A kindergarten graduation certificate isn’t going to be worth squat in the employment market.

However, it does foster the idea of celebrating academic achievements in children, so that’s probably not a bad thing.

In the end, whatever certificate one has, and the value of it, will be assessed by an employer or a professional institution.

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Have you checked those figures, or are you just reposting something that you saw on the internet without checking it’s accuracy?

Fuel excise in Australia is $0.496 per litre, and GST is 10%. I’ll leave you to do the maths, but the numbers in that image are wrong.

However, after checking the above (did I mention that it is wrong btw?), I wondered how it’d compare to an EV.

If I assume that the $67 purchases 33.5 lt of fuel, and it was used in a car averaging 10 lt/100km, that $67 would cover 335 km (but ymmv).

A biggish EV will use 20 kWh/100km, so about 67 kWh to cover 335 km. If you recharged it at home and have PV, you’d be forgoing the FiT of about $0.11 per kWh. So it’d effectively cost you $7.37. If you don’t have PV, you’d be paying about $0.30 per kWh, or about $20.10

But here is the kicker… if you can recharge at home using your own PV, that (forgone) $7.37 is GST and tax free. So, instead of having to earn $100 to cover that 335 km, you simply forgo $7.37 in FiT credits. And as @Paul Smedley has posted, sometimes it is even possible (in SA at least) to get paid to use that electricity, so even cheaper again.
Wow, those figures sound incredible until you factor in the cost of the EV
cost of battery replacement
cost of the PV system
and
as I read yesterday interest in RV's in europe is waning due mainly to
cost of EV
range anxiety
lack of charging stations
which may be why Tesla laid off 10000 staff.
Oh well, back to the ICE:rolleyes:

Baldoldfart

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
I wouldn’t stress over it. A kindergarten graduation certificate isn’t going to be worth squat in the employment market.

However, it does foster the idea of celebrating academic achievements in children, so that’s probably not a bad thing.

In the end, whatever certificate one has, and the value of it, will be assessed by an employer or a professional institution.
I still treasure my third place in under eleven breast stroke certificate, it's included in my CV. Sometimes in life you reach a pinnacle that you never achieve again but I keep trying.

Baldoldfart

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
Wow, those figures sound incredible until you factor in the cost of the EV
cost of battery replacement
cost of the PV system
and
as I read yesterday interest in RV's in europe is waning due mainly to
cost of EV
range anxiety
lack of charging stations
which may be why Tesla laid off 10000 staff.
Oh well, back to the ICE:rolleyes:
It's easy to see where you sit politically, standard redneck conservative mindset. Been doing some travelling the last week or so, lots of EV's on the road. Talking to the owners, all are happy.

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
It's easy to see where you sit politically, standard redneck conservative mindset. Been doing some travelling the last week or so, lots of EV's on the road. Talking to the owners, all are happy.
Nothing to do with politics. all to do with common sense which ?, well, is not too common.
Of course the EV owners are happy, they are yet to see the light or the actual cost, besides, most people never admit to their mistakes.
And I have noticed an awful lot of EV owners/drivers have the vehicle on their work package/business meaning they think they are saving tax while saving the planet..